News release from Science Central:
Science Central hosts AWS Foundation Special Abilities Day
(February 13, 2020) – The next AWS Foundation Special Abilities Day at Science Central will be Tuesday, March 17!
Through the generous support of the AWS Foundation, this program is free with pre-registration to members of the community with special abilities.
The March 17 Special Abilities Day will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Special STEAM activities during the day will relate to “the world of germs” and are made possible by the support of the AWS Foundation.
In order to be inclusive of everyone in our community, Science Central makes the following modifications to exhibits and programming on Special Abilities Days:
- Lower ambient sound levels
- Increased light in areas that are usually dark
- Access to listening devices
- Less crowded environment
- Extra staff on hand
- Additional demonstrations with extra tactile stimulation
- Access to a private changing table
- Access to a quiet room
- ASL interpreter in demonstrations from 10 a.m. – 12 noon.
For more information about AWS Special Abilities Days or to register, visit Science Central’s website.