This post contains outdated information.
There is a Winter Weather Advisory until February 27, 01:00 AM EST issued by the National Weather Service.
Webmaster’s note: Visit the official National Weather Service Northern Indiana website for the latest weather updates.
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Northern Indiana
435 AM EST Wed Feb 26 2020
La Porte-St. Joseph IN-Elkhart-Starke-Pulaski-Marshall-Fulton IN-Kosciusko-Whitley-Allen IN-White-Cass IN-Miami-Wabash-Huntington-Wells-Adams-Grant-Blackford-Berrien-Cass MI-Defiance-Henry-Paulding-Putnam-Van Wert-
Including the cities of Michigan City, La Porte, South Bend, Mishawaka, New Carlisle, Walkerton, Elkhart, Goshen, Nappanee, Knox, North Judson, Bass Lake, Winamac, Francesville, Medaryville, Plymouth, Bremen, Culver, Rochester, Akron, Warsaw, Winona Lake, Syracuse, Mentone, Columbia City, Tri-Lakes, South Whitley, Fort Wayne, New Haven, Monticello, Monon, Brookston, Logansport, Royal Center, Peru, Grissom AFB, Mexico, Wabash, North Manchester, Huntington, Roanoke, Bluffton, Ossian,
Decatur, Berne, Marion, Gas City, Upland, Hartford City, Montpelier, Niles, Benton Harbor, St. Joseph, Fair Plain, Benton Heights, Buchanan, Paw Paw Lake, Dowagiac, Cassopolis, Marcellus, Defiance, Sherwood, Hicksville, Napoleon, Deshler, Liberty Center, Paulding, Antwerp, Payne, Ottawa, Leipsic, Columbus Grove, Continental, Pandora, Van Wert, and Ohio City
435 AM EST Wed Feb 26 2020 /335 AM CST Wed Feb 26 2020/
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST /MIDNIGHT CST/ THURSDAY…
* WHAT…Snow. Additional snow accumulations today into early tonight will vary greatly but generally should range between 2 to 5 inches.
* WHERE…Much of northern Indiana and southwest Michigan.
* WHEN…Through early tonight.
* IMPACTS…Travel will likely become very difficult at times, especially later today as snow increases and as areas of blowing and drifting snow develop over rural and open areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Commutes late today and early tonight will likely be hampered. Travel may still be challenging into Thursday morning.
Slow down and use caution while traveling. Road and travel conditions may vary greatly throughout the area.