This post contains outdated information.
Webmaster’s note: Visit the official National Weather Service Northern Indiana website for the latest weather updates.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Watch to be in effect from February 25, 07:00 PM EST until February 27, 01:00 AM EST:
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Northern Indiana
437 AM EST Tue Feb 25 2020
De Kalb-Pulaski-Fulton IN-Whitley-Allen IN-White-Cass IN-Miami-Wabash-Huntington-Wells-Adams-Grant-Blackford-Williams-Fulton OH-Defiance-Henry-Paulding-Putnam-Van Wert-
Including the cities of Auburn, Garrett, Winamac, Francesville, Medaryville, Rochester, Akron, Columbia City, Tri-Lakes, South Whitley, Fort Wayne, New Haven, Monticello, Monon, Brookston, Logansport, Royal Center, Peru, Grissom AFB, Mexico, Wabash, North Manchester, Huntington, Roanoke, Bluffton, Ossian, Decatur, Berne, Marion, Gas City, Upland, Hartford City, Montpelier, Bryan, Edgerton, Wauseon, Archbold, Swanton, Delta, Defiance, Sherwood, Hicksville, Napoleon, Deshler,
Liberty Center, Paulding, Antwerp, Payne, Ottawa, Leipsic, Columbus Grove, Continental, Pandora, Van Wert, and Ohio City
437 AM EST Tue Feb 25 2020 /337 AM CST Tue Feb 25 2020/
…WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT…
* WHAT…Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 8 inches possible.
* WHERE…Portions of northern Indiana and northwest Ohio.
* WHEN…From Tuesday evening through Wednesday night.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous
conditions could impact the Wednesday morning and evening
commutes and also extend into Thursday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Travel is also likely to be greatly
hampered by late Wednesday as snowfall increases and winds
become gusty causing blowing and drifting snow.
* PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.