Updated Flood Statement from the National Weather Service:
National Weather Service Northern Indiana
959 PM EST Sunday Jan 12, 2020
…The Flood Warning is cancelled for the following rivers…
- Saint Joseph River Ohio near St. Joe River Ft. Wayne affecting Allen County
…The Flood Warning has been extended for the following rivers…
- Salamonie River below Warren affecting Blackford…Huntington…Jay…Wabash and Wells Counties
- Wabash River near Linn Grove affecting Adams and Wells Counties
- Wabash River near Bluffton affecting Wells County
- Eel River at North Manchester affecting Cass…Kosciusko…Miami…Wabash and Whitley Counties
- Kankakee River at Davis affecting La Porte…Starke and St. Joseph Counties
- Auglaize River near Fort Jennings affecting Allen…Paulding and Putnam Counties
- Blanchard River at Ottawa affecting Putnam County
- Maumee River at Fort Wayne affecting Allen and Paulding Counties
- Maumee River near Defiance affecting Defiance and Henry Counties
- Maumee River at Napoleon affecting Henry County
- Saint Marys River near Decatur affecting Adams…Allen and Van Wert Counties
- Elkhart River at Goshen affecting Elkhart and Noble Counties
- Saint Joseph River Michigan at Elkhart affecting Elkhart…St. Joseph and Cass Counties
- Saint Joseph River Michigan at Niles affecting Elkhart…St. Joseph and Berrien Counties
…The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers…
- Saint Joseph River Ohio below Montpelier affecting Williams County
- Saint Joseph River Ohio NEAR Newville affecting Allen…De Kalb and Defiance Counties
- Tiffin River At Stryker affecting Defiance…Fulton and Williams Counties
- North Branch Elkhart River at Cosperville affecting Noble County
- Saint Joseph River Michigan at Three Rivers affecting Elkhart…Branch and St. Joseph Counties
- Saint Joseph River Michigan at South Bend affecting Elkhart…St. Joseph and Berrien Counties
Rises on area rivers occurred as a result of recent rainfall. Some rivers have crested already, but some rivers will take until Tuesday to crest due to runoff.
Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near flood waters. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or local media for further statements and updated forecasts.
Detailed river forecasts and more information can be found on the internet at www.weather.gov/iwx under Rivers and Lakes.
All times are in Eastern Time. This statement will be updated in about 24 hours or sooner if necessary.