Leaf Collection Heads North for Final Pass
Scheduled Bagged Collection Continues to January 4th
(December 20, 2018) – Leaf collection moves north on Wednesday, December 19, 2018. A few crews will continue south to finish up the second pass through southern neighborhoods, and others will begin the final pass through northern neighborhoods.
Residents can view daily updates at the website cityoffortwayne.org/leaves. The site offers weekday updates each afternoon showing the neighborhoods where crews will be working the following day. A leaf collection phone line at 427- 2603, is also updated daily. Both information sources update daily by 3:00 p.m. the day before the collection.
In the Bag
Pick-up of this season’s bagged leaves will continue through January 4, 2019. Residents who have the paper biodegradable leaf bags should call 311 to schedule a pick-up. Leaf bags will not be collected with garbage.
By the Numbers
Through Friday, December 16, 2018, crews have collected more 7,281 tons of leaves. The collection includes 16,698 bags of leaves, 1,732 dump truck loads of leaves, and 268 vacuum trucks filled with leaves.
- Rake leaves to the park strip by 7:00 a.m. on the first day of the week when crews will be in your area.
- Don’t put leaves in your trash or recycling cart. It is against State of Indiana law.
- Don’t burn leaves. It’s a violation of City Code and can result in a fine
- Don’t place leaves in the street.
- Don’t mix other yard waste with leaves.
- Don’t put leaves in or over storm drains.
- For safety, and to assist motorists, parents should remind children to not play in leaf piles near the street.