News release from the Fort Wayne Civic Theatre:
FORT WAYNE CIVIC THEATRE – Rock Musical Auditions
The Rocky Horror Show – LIVE!
Director, Bev Redman -Music Director, Holly Knott – Choreographer, Gary Lanier
Auditions – Sunday, June 26 at 6:00 pm (arrive by 5:30pm)
Arts United Center – 303 E. Main Street, Fort Wayne
The Rocky Horror Show – Rock Musical. At last! The original stage version of the cult movie that has been a “12 clock high” for thousands of enthusiastic movie-goers. Live, on stage, see Dr. Frank N. Furter match wits (?) with the innocent young couple? Thrill to the delightfully trashy rock and roll music! “It isn’t a play, it isn’t a musical, it isn’t a rock concertâ€¦It’s a sort of glitter, rock, horror, comedy, transvestite circusâ€¦ And if you love-say, Sound of Music-you will probably hate it.” – WABE-TV. “The Rocky Horror Show is a sicko-wacko-weirdo rock concert. It keeps trying to blow your mind with loud music and perverted sexuality, but is so simple-minded, and so completely silly, that it ends up being a lot of fun. It may get a cult following.”-NBC
ADULT LANGAUGE AND CONTENT: Anyone auditioning between the ages of 15 to 17 must be accompanied by a parent. The parent will need to sign a permission form prior to the audition. NO child under of the age of 15 will be permitted to audition.
Audition will take place on Sunday, June 26th starting promptly at 6:00 p.m. and may take up to two hours or more. Please arrive early to check in and fill out the audition forms. Call-Backs will be on Monday, June 27th at 7:00 p.m. and all those who are asked should plan to be there from 7:00-10:00 p.m.
Audition Sign Up: Contact Eunice Wadewitz, Music Director, at 260-422-8641, ext. 226 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Auditions: SUNDAY, June 26 @ 6 p.m. Call Backs: MONDAY, June 27th @ 7:00 p.m.
Auditions will be held at the Arts United Center at 303 East Main Street. Enter from the rear of the building, using the glass doors to the Green Room. Please arrive early to check in and fill out an audition form.
Rehearsals: July 25-September 8, Mon.-Fri., 7:00-10:00pm; AND Sundays from 2-6 p.m. if needed
- September 9 – 17, Thurs @ 7:30pm, Fri & Sat @ 8:00pm, NO MATINEES OR SUNDAY SHOWS
- There will be two Mid-night performances on Sept. 10th and Sept. 17th.
- STRIKING OF SET: Sunday, Sept. 18 – 12 noon w/ Pizza and Beverages after strike
Audition Requirements: It is very important that we have ALL CONFLICTS at the time of the audition. We are seeking strong singers/actors. Prepare and memorize one verse (16-32 bars) of an up-tempo song or ballad which shows off your voice, range, and personality. Standard Broadway show tunes are best. Be sure to bring sheet music (not just lyrics but actual piano music) in the correct key – do not expect the pianist to transpose your music on sight. Have all cuts or repetitions clearly marked. Place your music in a binder or tape the sheets together for the benefit of the accompanist. Pianist is provided.
Cast of Characters
- Janet Weiss: FiancÃ©e to Brad, sweet innocent, healthy ingÃ©nue type in her 20’s or early 30’s. (Mezzo Soprano)
- Brad Majors: Engaged to Janet, nerdish and naÃ¯ve, physically trim. (Tenor/High Baritone)
- Narrator: Understated dry personality, ability to adlib, banter with audience hecklers, age 30 to 60. (Doesn’t Sing)
- Riff Raff: Servant to Frank N. Furter, brother to Magenta, and an alien. (Tenor – Rock style)
- Columbia: Servant to Frank N. Furter, some tap dancing. (Alto Belter)
- Magenta / Usherette: Servant, to Frank N. Furter, and an alien. (Mezzo Belter)
- Dr. Frank N. Furter: Main character, attractive to both sexes while in drag. (High Baritone/Tenor)
- Rocky: Well-built-body type, bare-chested and wears briefs, and attractive. (Baritone)
- Eddie: Male or Female, Columbia’s boyfriend, and a motorcycle rider. (High Baritone or Mezzo Soprano)
- Doctor Everett Scott: Male or Female, colleague to Frank, and Eddie’s Uncle. (High Baritone or Mezzo Soprano)
- 6 Phantoms – Transylvanians: 3 men and 3 women (All vocal parts/ranges)
CALL 422.8641 x 226 TO SIGN-UP TO AUDITION!
If you would like to serve on the backstage crew for this production, please call Corey Lee at 42at 422-8641 x236.