Game recap from the TinCaps:
Chiefs Roll TinCaps, Take Finale, 11-1
Fort Wayne wins three-game series with Peoria
By Mike Monaco
(April 28, 2016) â€” After a pair of one-run wins to start the series, the TinCaps dropped their finale against the Peoria Chiefs, 11-1, on Thursday night at Parkview Field.
Peoria (9-11) posted two runs in each of the first two innings, added another in the third and three in the sixth and seventh frames to stampede past the TinCaps (11-10). Fort Wayne won Tuesday’s opener, 5-4, in 10 innings and took Wednesday’s matchup, 1-0.
TinCaps right fielder Mason Smith, in his team debut after joining the squad on Tuesday, recorded his first RBI with a groundout that plated third baseman Carlos Belen in the sixth inning.
Chiefs starter Sandy Alcantara (W, 3-0) tossed five innings of one-run ball and fanned six. TinCaps righty Walker Lockett (0-2) allowed 12 hits and seven runs (six earned) in 5.1 innings.
Fort Wayne corner infielder Ty France pitched a 1-2-3 ninth inning.
- Tuesday, April 26 vs. Peoria at Parkview Field (7:05 p.m.)
- TinCaps Probable Starter: RHP Austin Smith (0-1, 3.21)
- Bees Probable Starter: RHP Joe Gatto (0-3, 7.11)
- Watch: Comcast Network 81
- Listen: ESPN Radio 1380 & 100.9 FM, TinCaps Radio.com, TuneIn Radio app
Related game links: