News release from Science Central:
13th Annual Science Central Golf Classic
(April 21, 2016) – There’s a science to golf, and playing golf can benefit Science! Science, technology, engineering and mathematics education is not a nicety for our region – it’s a necessity to ensure Science Central remains the premier gateway for informal science education throughout the tri-state region. Doing so will help improve educational and career outcomes for our area youth as well as enhance the science center as a top cultural and tourist attraction.
Your participation in the 13th Annual Science Central Golf Classic will help fund our ongoing mission of providing fun hands-on science education. Thank you for supporting Science Central through this great afternoon of golf!
- Thursday, June 2, 2016 – 12:30 p.m. – Pine Valley Country Club
- Florida Scramble – Shotgun Start
- Dinner, Prizes, and Silent Auction
- Proceeds support Science Central programming and operations
- $160 per golfer
- $600 per team
- $660 per team with extras*
- Registration includes green fees, cart, dinner, two free drinks (excluding liquor/wine), and prizesÂ for first, second, last place teams, longest drive, longest putt, and closest to pin.
- Boxed lunches of turkey, ham, or vegetarian options are available for $10/each but must be purchased in advance of the event.
*Extras include 4 golf punch cards (featuring 2 additional beverage tickets and 2 additional mulligans – a $20 savings).
About Science Central
Science Central, a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization, has provided a hands-on fun learning environment for more than 20 years. Through our 120+ exhibits, school tours, distance learning programs and weekend public events, we bring the excitement of science and technology to nearly 140,000 children and adults annually. Science Central is located at 1950 N. Clinton Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46805. For more information, contact Science Central at 260-424-2400 or visit www.sciencecentral.org.