News release from the Fort Wayne Police Department:
FWPD extends “Lateral Transfer” app closing date
(March 30, 2016) – The Fort Wayne Police Department has been accepting applications from “Sworn/Certiifed” police officers looking for an opportunity to “Lateral Transfer” to our department. We are extending the closing date of the application process to Friday, April 15th.
Qualified candidates can apply on line under the tab “Job Opportunities” at: www.cityoffortwayne.org
Employment Standards for Lateral Transfers:
- Must already be a sworn/certified police officer.
- No minimum years of experience is necessary.
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical fitness test, background investigation and psychological exam.
- 21-35 years of age at time of appointment.
- Applicants can be older than 35 if already enrolled in PERF (Public Employees Retirement Fund)
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.; education beyond high school preferred.
- Vision correctable to 20-30 in each eye.
- Must meet residency requirement consistent with Indiana statute (live in Allen County or adjacent Indiana county)
- Indiana motor vehicle operator’s license required.
- Physically and mentally able to perform essential job functions of the patrol officer position.