News release from the Fort Wayne Medical Society Alliance:
Fort Wayne Medical Society Alliance’s 21st Annual Doctor’s Day
(February 17, 2016) – On Saturday, March 5, 2016, our 21st Annual Doctors Day will be held at Science Central thanks, in part, to the continued and generous sponsorship of Lutheran Health Network, Parkview Health, and SYM Financial Advisors. The event will run from 10am to 3pm, with free admission until 2pm.
The FWMS Alliance, a 77-year-old charitable organization, endeavors to educate children in the science of medicine, while also providing information to help them and their families to be healthier. Working in conjunction with area health care professionals, the Alliance is proud to have developed Doctor’s Day into one of the longest- running health fairs in our area with record attendance of over 2,500 in recent years.
New this year, we are featuring the DaVinci Robotic Surgical System providing a unique hands-on experience for children and adults!
Also making an appearance, the Fort Wayne Mad Ants Mascot!
There will be over 30 interactive booths featuring health-related and medical career information!
- Teddy Bear Care Clinic sponsored by Lutheran Children’s Hospital
- Learn about germs with a microscope from Parkview Health Laboratories
- IU Medical School-FW students will share brain, lung , and heart specimens
- See an ambulance and interact with medical staff
- Tour the Parkview Samaritan and Lutheran Air helicopters and visit with staff
- Have a removable finger cast made at the orthopedic booth
- Prizes and food bags sponsored by Alliance members given throughout the day