News release from the City of Fort Wayne:
Mayor Henry to attend U.S. Conference of Mayors event
(January 19, 2016) – Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry will attend the 84th Winter Meeting of the U.S. Conference of Mayors. The event will be held Wednesday-Friday in Washington, D.C.
Topics of discussion will include the economy, jobs, housing, community development, public safety, parks, and transportation.
“This is a tremendous opportunity to interact with leaders from across the country and share best practices and ideas for moving our respective communities forward in the right direction,” said Mayor Henry.
The U.S. Conference of Mayors is a non-partisan organization of cities with populations of 30,000 or more.
Primary roles of the organization:
- Promote the development of effective national urban/suburban policy
- Strengthen federal-city relationships
- Ensure that federal policy meets urban needs
- Provide mayors with leadership and management tools
- Create a forum in which mayors can share ideas and information
The Winter Meeting will also include a visit to the White House for a meeting with President Obama.