News release from Visit Fort Wayne:
Meet and Compete: Fort Wayne Hosts Large, Prestigious Groups in 2016
(January 12, 2016) – Many will travel to Fort Wayne to earn a trophy or achieve a lifelong goal in 2016, as the Summit City is set to host several national, regional and state competitions.
With over 150 conferences, conventions and sports tournaments on the books, Fort Wayne has turned into a prime Midwest contender for group business. These events will generate $39 million dollars in total economic impact.
This year, Fort Wayne will welcome large tournaments like NUWAY Mat Mayhem Wrestling (10,000 attendees), State Wars Hockey (10,000), Gym Rats Run N’ Slam (8,000), and prestigious events such as the North American SCRABBLE Players Association Championships (500), USABA Goalball National Championship (200) and North American Brass Band Association Contest (750).
Listed below are notable events coming to Fort Wayne in 2016:
- IHSWCA State Team Wrestling Duals
- National United Wrestling Association Mat Mayhem
- Indiana Music Education Association Professional Development Conference
- Indiana Craft Brewers Conference
- Alpaca Owners National Conference
- National American Brass Band Association Contest
- North American SCRABBLE Players Association Championships
- National Fishing Lures Collectors Club
- Hoosier Classic Baseball Tournaments
- North American Police Work Dog National Workshop
- Men’s Indiana State Bowling Tournament
- Automobile License Plate Collectors Association International Convention
- Gym Rats Bill Hensley Memorial Run & Slam
- USABA Goalball National Tournament
- Abundance LifeWay by Christian Resources
- Indiana Farm Bureau Annual Convention
For more information on these groups and the economic impact of meetings and sports tournaments in Fort Wayne, contact Visit Fort Wayne President/CEO Dan O’Connell at (260) 424-3700.
Visit Fort Wayne, The Fort Wayne/Allen County Convention and Visitors Bureau, is the not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to expand Fort Wayne’s economy by attracting convention and leisure visitors. Each year, millions of dollars from visitor spending generate increased commerce, sustained jobs and enhancement of Fort Wayne’s image.