News release from Brightpoint:
Super Saturdays Offer Health Insurance Options at Free Monthly Events during Open Enrollment
(November 10, 2015) – Did you pay a penalty when you filed your taxes for not having health insurance in 2014? Do you need help navigating the health insurance marketplace to find the plan right for you?
Open enrollment is November 1, 2015 through January 31, 2016. The public is invited to attend Super Saturdays to learn more about how they can avoid the tax penalty for not having coverage, healthcare laws and options for health insurance. Attendees will get the opportunity to get free help with enrollment, discuss the details of various health plans and find out which is the best choice. If you were enrolled in a Marketplace plan last year, you will need to reenroll and review your options for 2016.
All of these events are free and open to the public.
Open Enrollment Super Saturdays take place on the following dates from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm:
- January 9, 2016
- January 30, 2016
All locations are open from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm for all Super Saturday dates. Locations include:
- Brightpoint – 227 E Washington Blvd *Enter Washington Blvd. Entrance
- Neighborhood Health Clinics (Southeast) – 3350 E Paulding, Fort Wayne, IN
- American Red Cross – 1212 E California Rd, Fort Wayne, IN *Staffed by Volunteer Center
Attendees will need to have the following information for health insurance enrollment:
- Photo I.D.
- Social Security Number – Have this identification available for anyone in the household applying for coverage.
- Income Information – This may include tax statements, pay stubs or W-2 forms. Be sure to have this income information available for anyone in the household applying for coverage.
- Current Health Insurance Policy Numbers – If there are members of your family who already have health insurance coverage, you will need to provide those policy numbers.
- Employee Coverage Form – This is a government form you need to fill out if you if currently have the option to get health coverage through your employer or your spouse’s employer. To find the form online, visit:.
â€¢ Email Address and Healthcare.gov login – if you do not already have one, you can get one for free on site.
“As the annual tax penalty for not having approved health insurance has increased to $325 per adult and $162 per child or 2% of your household income, whichever is higher for 2015, it is important that families understand their health insurance options and get enrolled by January 31, 2016 to prevent paying the penalties again for 2016,” explains Amanda Chappell, Covering Kids & Families of Northeast Indiana Program Manager at Brightpoint. “Super Saturdays are a great place to get FREE help from licensed Indiana Navigators who can help your family Navigate the health insurance system,” continues Chappell. “If you are already enrolled in a Marketplace plan, it is important for you to re-enroll by December 15, 2015 to ensure the best coverage for you and your family starting January 1, 2016. There are new plans this open enrollment and your current plan may be changing in both price and coverage options,” concludes Chappell.
Open Enrollment Super Saturdays are presented by the Covering Kids & Families of Northeast Indiana (CKF-NEIN) Coalition, including: 211, Ambetter from MHS, Anthem, ASPIN, Brightpoint, EACS, FWCS, HealthVisions of Fort Wayne, Neighborhood Health Clinics, Parkview Health, MDwise, and Volunteer Center.
For more information, call 2-1-1.