News release from the Indiana Economic Development Corporation:
Governor Pence to Announce Indiana Regional Cities Funding, Chair IEDC Board Meeting
(December 11, 2015) – Governor Mike Pence will join the Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC) and regional leaders from across the state on Tuesday, Dec. 15, to finalize Indiana Regional Cities funding and to chair a joint meeting of the board of directors of the IEDC and the Indiana Economic Development Foundation (IEDF) Inc.
All events will be held at the Ivy Tech Culinary and Corporate Center at 2820 N. Meridian St. in Indianapolis.
Indiana Regional Cities Initiative:
The Indiana Regional Cities Strategic Review Committee will hold a final public meeting before presenting its recommendations to the IEDC Board for approval. The following events will be held in the 2nd floor ballroom.
- 1:00 p.m. – The Strategic Review Committee will meet to adopt its final recommendations.
- 2:00 p.m. – The IEDC Board will meet to consider funding recommendations.
- 2:45 p.m. – Pending approval from the IEDC Board, Governor Pence will host a press conference to announce funding of regional development plans through the Indiana Regional Cities Initiative.
IEDC Board of Directors:
Governor Mike Pence will chair a two-part joint meeting of the board of directors of the IEDC and the IEDF. After reviewing Indiana Regional Cities funding recommendations at 2 p.m., the board will reconvene to carry out the remainder of the economic development agenda. Prior, the board’s economic policy and audit committees will hold public meetings.
- 12:50 p.m. – The economic policy committee will meet in the 12th floor boardroom.
- 1:00 p.m. – The audit committee will meet in the 12th floor conference room.
- 2:00 p.m. – The IEDC Board will meet to consider Indiana Regional Cities funding recommendations in the 2nd floor ballroom.
- 3:30 p.m. – The IEDC Board will meet to review the remainder of the agenda in P109 on the Penthouse level.
Additionally, the economic policy committee will hold an executive session at 12:30 p.m. at Ivy Tech Corporate College and Culinary Center for consideration of confidential pending incentive requests made to the State of Indiana by industrial or commercial prospects (confidential proposals in progress) and discussion of records or circumstances classified as confidential by state or federal statute, IC 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(4) and (7).