The Christ Child Festival runs November 28th and 29th from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days at at Franke Park, 3411 Sherman Boulevard in Fort Wayne.
From the organizers:
Fun, fascinating, free activities focusing on the meaning of Christmas
“Christmas in the Park”
Saturday, November 28 & Sunday, November 29 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Franke Park, 3411 Sherman Blvd., Fort Wayne, IN
Free Admission and refreshments
Activities for the Entire Family:
- Delight in a horse-drawn wagon/carriage ride – some trips with musician to accompany carol singing
- Experience the “Streets of Bethlehem” featuring “Audience of One” youth theater troupe for re-enactments and interacting with visitors. The walk includes a stop at the manger to view the nativity–complete with live donkeys and sheep
- Observe live camels and walk through “Streets of Jerusalem” sharing on life of Christ
- Give the gift of giving:
- Write a note to a veteran that will be delivered to the VA Northern Indiana Health Services Facility on Lake Avenue. The cards will accompany the beautifully decorated Christmas tree that is on display at “Christmas in the Park.”
- Pack a “Bag of Blessings” to be distributed to area homeless
- Contribute toward the postage to handpick a beautiful little dress to send around the world through the “Little Dresses For Africa” project
- View wide variety of beautiful displays in the heated pavilion including:
- “Make itâ€¦Take itâ€¦Say â€˜Merry Christmas'” *
- “Bake itâ€¦Take itâ€¦Say â€˜Merry Christmas'” *
- Nativity collection
- Enjoy Refreshments: Cookies and beverages in heated pavilion
*Indicates will be posting links to patterns on our website after the festival
Particularly Interesting for Children:
- Puppet show on the Ark floatâ€”the winner of Three Rivers Festival Parade Committee Non-Commercial Trophy. A 15-minute show takes place every hour on the hour.
- 3,000 beautifully illustrated hardback books have been donated for distribution to children at the booth on prayer. Children’s books and the creation and distribution of animal balloons will be in the pavilion.
- Making crafts and playing games with prizes–inside the children’s tent
- Animal Grams Petting Zoo
Entertainment in Talent Sharing Tent
- Talented musicians, singers and speakers will entertain. (Updated information is included in the accompanying document.)
Scheduled performances at the Talent Sharing Tent
“Christmas in the Park”
Ssponsored by the Christ Child Festival
Saturday, November 28, 2015
- Noon: Don Wharton (composer, soloist, author, and speaker) in Concert
- 1 p.m. Tom Didier – known for solos particularly at Tin Caps games
- 1:30 p.m. Set up for Robert Rogers
- 2 p.m. Concordia Lutheran Church Praise Singers with Carol Stiles
- 2:30 p.m. Carrie Roberts & Kory Zehr – vocalists
- 3:00 p.m. Robert Rogers: Speaker, author, worship leader, composer, pianist, and vocalist. Roger uses all of these talents in a 55-minute presentation sharing how his wife and four children were swept away in a flash flood in 2003 – but his faith remained solid. This is especially for those who may find the holidays difficult after the loss of loved ones.
- 4:00 P.M. Earnestine Thomas – vocal soloist
- 4:30 p.m. Northeast Indiana POETS
Sunday, November 29, 2015
- Noon – 1 p.m. Carolaires
- 1 p.m. Dr. Patricia Cotton and Holy Cross Lutheran Church Choir
- 2 p.m. Promise Ministries Praise Band
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 P.M. Pauline Benner, worship leader, singer, song writer and instrumentalist in several orchestras including the Wagon Wheel in Warsaw and Fort Wayne Civic Theater
- 3:30 p.m. Hart & Bornefeld – instrumentalist on dulcimer/bass/flute, psaltery etc.
- 4 p.m. Amanda Gordley – female lead singer in all for One’s production of Bend Us.