News release from the Downtown Improvement District:
DID announces $10,000 for new events contest
(October 21, 2015) – The Downtown Improvement District recently announced the start of a new events contest which invites businesses, organizations, and individuals to submit their best ideas for new events in February, March, or April 2016 for a chance to receive significant production support. Now, the Downtown Improvement District is pleased to announce that $10,000 in funding has been allocated to the contest. A winning event can be awarded up to $5,000 in funding, as well as significant support in the form of event mentoring. “The intent of this new contest is to encourage year-round usage and engagement Downtown by offering an incentive for event production during classically less active months,” said Downtown Improvement District President Bill Brown. “Through strategic support we hope to empower our community and create fun new opportunities with an emphasis on outside-of-the-box events that will contribute to the vibrancy of Downtown Fort Wayne.”
Contest rules are as follows:
- Completed applications must be submitted no later than midnight on Friday, November 13th, 2015.
- Applications must be entirely complete. Incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified with no exceptions.
- The event must take place entirely within the Downtown Improvement District boundaries defined by the expanded 99 blocks as of January 1, 2016.
- The choice of vendors used for the event is at the discretion of the event planner, but at least 50% of the event vendors must be located within the District as defined by the 99 blocks. This may include, but is not limited to: food, security, graphic design, web design, printing, installations, dÃ©cor, venues, performers, and logistical needs.
- The Downtown Improvement District will provide event mentoring to the winning events not to exceed 1 hour per week for the months prior to the event date. This mentoring will be provided primarily by the Downtown Improvement District’s Events Manager, but may include other staff as necessary at the discretion of the Downtown Improvement District President.
- A brief event report must be submitted each month for the months leading up to the event due on the first day of the month. For example, a March event winner must submit their report on January 1st, February 1st, and March 1st. The format of this report is at the discretion of the Downtown Improvement District, but will be brief.
- The Downtown Improvement District must be considered a top-level sponsor on any winning event. Sponsorship benefits must include logo inclusion on all marketing materials, inclusion in press/media materials, and any and all other applicable sponsor benefits.
Downtown Events Contest
Applications accepted, October 14 – November 13, 2015
For information and a downloadable application, visit: www.DowntownFortWayne.com
About the Downtown Improvement District
The Downtown Improvement District is an Economic Improvement District established by City Council under State of Indiana statute. Our services improve the business climate of the district and allow owners of non-residential real property to more easily assess their own economic potential. The Downtown Improvement District is governed by a Board of Directors and partners with the City of Fort Wayne and a wide-variety of public, not-for-profit, and private sector organizations to make downtown Fort Wayne an attractive place to live, work and enjoy which is ready for commerce.