News release from the Embassy Theatre:
The Illusionists – Live from Broadway – at the Embassy this Sunday
Comes to Fort Wayne Sunday, Oct. 11, 4:30 & 7:30 p.m.
Blockbuster Theatrical Show Dazzles Sold-Out Audiences Worldwide
TICKETS ON SALE NOW
(October 6, 2015) – On the heels of a highly successful multi-city tour and run on Broadway, the world’s best-selling touring magic show, THE ILLUSIONISTS – LIVE FROM BROADWAYâ„¢ will play the Embassy as part of a 45 city U.S. tour. Tickets for THE ILLUSIONISTS – LIVE FROM BROADWAYâ„¢ are on sale now and start at $33.00. Tickets can be purchased at the Embassy box office, by visiting Ticketmaster.com, or by calling 1-800-745-3000. Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more by calling 260.424.5665.
Full of hilarious magic tricks, death-defying stunts and acts of breathtaking wonder, THE ILLUSIONISTS has shattered box office records worldwide and thrilled audiences of all ages with a mind-blowing spectacular showcasing the jaw-dropping talents of seven of the most incredible illusionists on earth.
Creative Producer Simon Painter said, “We can’t wait to bring this electrifying show to Fort Wayne for a truly entertaining experience for the whole family. THE ILLUSIONISTS is the most non-stop and powerful mix of outrageous and astonishing acts ever to be seen on the live stage.”
The seven stars, each a master in their own field, are:
- The Manipulator, Yu Ho-Jin. Considered a rising superstar in the world of magic; Yu Ho-Jin was recently named the 2014 “Magician of the Year,” by Academy of Magical Arts and was the first Asian to win the Grand Prix at the FÃ©dÃ©ration Internationale des SociÃ©tÃ©s Magiques, also known as the “Olympics of Magic.”
- The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry. Described as Marilyn Manson meets David Copperfield, Dan combines the art of magic with the macabre and is one of the top10 most Googled people, thanks to a legendary “America’s Got Talent” appearance.
- The Trickster, Jeff Hobson is the epitome of glamour and showmanship. Don’t be fooled by his innocent appearance; Jeff has audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down.
- The Escapologist, Andrew Basso is Italy’s star escape artist. Andrew considers Houdini his hero and is fast becoming one of the world’s most popular illusionists. He is the only person in the world to perform Houdini’s famous Water Torture Cell with absolutely no covers.
- The Inventor, Kevin James, known for innovative illusions, is an inventor, comedian and collector of the strange and unusual. Kevin is one of the most prolific inventors of magic in the world and has created some of the most celebrated illusions of the last century.
- The Weapon Master, Ben Blaque, has established himself as America’s foremost master of the crossbow after appearing four times on America’s Got Talent. He performs incredibly dangerous acts of dexterity using highly powerful crossbows to shoot various objects supported by his assistant.
- The Daredevil, Jonathan Goodwin, the British-born Goodwin is considered to be one of the most creative, skilled and craziest stunt performers in the world who has been hanged, buried alive, hung by his toes from helicopters, burned at the stake and attacked by sharks.
For more information: https://www.theillusionistslive.com/.
Jam Theatricals (www.jamtheatricals.com) is proud to present THE ILLUSIONISTS as part of the 2015-16 Broadway at the Embassy season with presenting sponsor MidWest America Federal Credit Union and media sponsors the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel, the Journal Gazette and WPTA/WISE.
About Jam Theatricals
Jam Theatricals (Presenter) is a Chicago-based entertainment company that presents and produces Broadway engagements throughout North America. Under the direction of co-founders Arny Granat and Steve Traxler, Jam Theatricals manages subscription seasons in 30 cities where they strive to bring the best of Broadway to the communities served. Current presentations include some of Broadway’ biggest blockbusters: Wicked, The Book of Mormon, Jersey Boys and many more. Jam Theatricals and its principals are the recipients of eight Tony AwardsÂ® for producing Glengarry Glen Ross (Best Revival of a Play, 2005), Monty Python’s Spamalot (Best Musical, 2005), The History Boys (Best Play, 2006), August: Osage County (Best Play, 2008), Hair (Best Revival of a Musical, 2009), Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (Best Revival of a Play, 2013), All The Way (Best Play, 2014) and Fun Home (Best Musical, 2015). For more information, please visit www.jamtheatricals.com.
About the Embassy Theatre
Built in 1928, the historic Embassy Theatre features national productions from the Broadway stage, concerts of all musical formats, cinema, educational programming and a continued commitment to young people. For more information, visit www.fwembassytheatre.org.