News release from Greater Fort Wayne, Inc.:
Leadership Fort Wayne Class of 2015 Community Action Team Launches Riverfront
Awareness and Education Campaign
(August 27, 2015) – Today, Operation: Riverfront â€” a community action team of Leadership Fort Wayne (LFW)â€”and the City of Fort Wayne launched its awareness and education project titled “My Future Fort Wayne” at Cinema Center Inc.
Through the guidance and expertise of the SWA Group and the City of Fort Wayne, the class of 2015 LFW team developed an engaging, informational and inspirational video to inform the public of the proposed riverfront development projects.
“Capturing the imagination and support of the general public is critical to the successful implementation of the master plan,” said Alec Johnson, LFW 2015 graduate. “This exciting and evocative video will help propel the master plan into the public consciousness and represent the plan and its impact on the community.”
Schools are encouraged to use “My Future Fort Wayne” as an economic introductory exercise. The project includes an elementary- and middle school-level activity worksheet, designed by Ivy Tech Northeast visual communications student, Stephanie Petras. The coloring worksheet provides students with the opportunity to imagine and create their future Fort Wayne.
“I continue to be encouraged by the excitement and momentum we’re experiencing as we come together to make riverfront development a top priority,” says Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry. “It’s great to see Leadership Fort Wayne take a proactive role in our collective efforts to invest in the future and position our City as a destination place and quality of life leader in the region and country.”
Operation: Riverfront connected with companies and organizations across northeast Indiana to complete the project, and funds and in-kind donations were valued at more than $15,000. Last fall, the team put out a request for proposals for video production services to various companies in northeast Indiana. After carefully consideration of the proposals, Lynchpin Creative was selected as its creative consultant.
“Our hope is this project will help build even more awareness and education in northeast Indiana with our general public and our city’s future generation currently in our school systems,” says Andrew Welch, executive director of Marketing and Communications at Ivy Tech Northeast, and LFW 2015 graduate. “The video is also ideal for utilization through social media and other more formal digital channels.”
Operation: Riverfront is made up of emerging Fort Wayne leaders:
- Alec Johnson, Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation
- Lynell Sparks, Ivy Tech Community College Northeast
- Andrew Welch, Ivy Tech Community College Northeast
- Nicholas Elkins, AEP Indiana Michigan Power
- Adrian Guenther, Lincoln Financial Group
- Mike Wallace, Star Financial Bank
Supporters of the project include:
- Greater Fort Wayne Inc.
- Indiana Michigan Power
- City of Fort Wayne
- Ivy Tech Community College Northeast
- Lynchpin Creative
- Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Cinema Center
- American Honors
The video and classroom activity can be found online at .
The 5-minute video features:
- Interviews with Riverfront Development players and other residents of northeast Indiana
- Past, present and future of the three rivers
- Footage of activities representative of uses and activities proposed as part of the plan
- Motion graphics and video composites that depict a before and after animation Classroom component:
- The video helps students see and understand what’s on the horizon and planned for downtown Fort Wayne, specifically the Riverfront project.
- Following the video viewing, teachers distribute a classroom activity worksheet that provide students with an opportunity to imagine and create their future Fort Wayne.
- Over the next several months a special 42″ digital display screen and kiosk will travel to key locations throughout the city.
- The video will be distributed to partners and other interested organizations to display on their own internal networks.
Other distribution channels:
- As part of its commitment to serving the community, WPTA/WISE will run public service spots throughout its broadcast. These :30-second spots, developed by the LFW team, give a glimpse of what our future could look like along the rivers in Fort Wayne and then drives viewers to the Riverfrontfw.org website.
- Parkview Field and the Fort Wayne TinCaps plan to run the :30-second video during TinCaps home games this season to help spread the awareness and education., an e-book that showcases the successes of inventive and forward-thinking organizations.
About Greater Fort Wayne Inc.
Greater Fort Wayne (GFW) Inc. serves Fort Wayne and Allen County, Indiana, as its metro chamber alliance and primary point of contact for economic growth. GFW Inc. focuses on prosperity and community vibrancy through economic development, advocacy, programs and resources that support business success, leadership development, graduate retention and community engagement. To learn more, visit https://www.greaterfortwayneinc.com/.