News release from the TinCaps:
TinCaps Break Single-Game Attendance Record at Parkview Field
9,193 Flock to Downtown Fort Wayne on the Fourth of July
(July 4, 2015) – Parkview Field hosted a record crowd for a TinCaps game on Saturday night as 9,193 fans came to celebrate the Fourth of July. The City of Fort Wayne’s fireworks followed the game.
“It was a tremendous night,” TinCaps President Mike Nutter said. “We can’t thank our fans enough. They’re the best in Minor League Baseball.”
The previous Parkview Field single-game attendance record of 9,182 was set on July 4, 2014.
With no rain in the forecast on a Saturday night home game for the first time this season, fans came out in droves, wearing TinCaps gear, red, white, and blue. In fact, the weather was rather ideal – 70s and sunny.
“When the weather has cooperated, the crowds this season – in year number seven Downtown – have been our best ever,” Nutter said.
Saturday’s sellout was the 10th of the season at Parkview Field.
The large crowd also helped raise money for Honor Flight Northeast Indiana. The TinCaps wore Captain America-style jerseys, which were auctioned off during the game and raised $5,348 for veterans from the Fort Wayne area to be flown to Washington, D.C., to visit their war memorials.
Largest TinCaps Crowds in Parkview Field History
- 9,193 – July 4, 2015 vs. Dayton
- 9,182 – July 4, 2014 vs. West Michigan
- 9,015 – June 26, 2014 vs. Dayton
- 8,780 – July 4, 2013 vs. South Bend
- 8,658 – July 24, 2014 vs. Beloit
- 8,643 – June 20, 2013 vs. South Bend
- 8,577 – April 5, 2012 vs. Lake County
- 8,572 – August 6, 2009 vs. Lansing
- 8,531 – June 14, 2012 vs. Lansing
- 8,401 – June 17, 2010 vs. Dayton