News release from the Allen County Highway Department:
Allen County road closure update
(July 1, 2015, 3:15 p.m.) – As of 3:15Â p.m. Wednesday, the Allen County Highway Department reports the following roads closed due to high water:
- Marion Ctr. Rd. from US 27 to Winchester Rd.
- S. Co. Line Rd. from US 27 to Winchester Rd.
- Bostic Rd. from S. Anthony Ext. to US 27
- Parrot Rd. from Hartzell Rd. to Maplecrest Rd.
The following roads have not been closed but have High Water Warning signs in place:
- Fogel Road from N. Co. Line Rd to McComb Rd
- Irving Road from Thimlar Rd to Brush College Rd
- Dunton Road from Hathaway Rd to Gump Rd
- Cedar Lane off Hosler Road
Motorists should use extreme caution and avoid driving through flooded roadways — even if there are no warning signs visible. According to the National Weather Service, most flash flooding deaths are vehicle related. Six inches of standing water is enough to cause passenger cars to stall and a foot of water will float many vehicles. Again, motorists should never drive through flooded roadways, especially if the water is moving rapidly, and never drive around the barriers warning you that the road is flooded.