E-mail update from the Allen County Highway Department:
Allen County Road Closures – 9:15 am Monday
As of 9:15 a.m. Monday, the Allen County Highway Department reports the following roads are closed due to high water:
- Prize St. at S. River Rd.
- Georgian Dr. off of Old 24
- Parrot Rd. from Hartzell Rd. to Madge Ave.
- Bostic Rd. from S. Anthony Ext. to US 27
- Marion Ctr. Rd. from US 27 to Winchester Rd.
- S. Co. Line Rd. from US 27 to Winchester Rd.
The Highway Department reminds motorists that if they encounter a flooded roadway, be sure to “Turn Around, Don’t Drown.” According to the National Weather Service, most flash flooding deaths are vehicle related. Six inches of standing water is enough to cause passenger cars to stall and a foot of water will float many vehicles. Motorists should never drive through flooded roadways, especially if the water is moving rapidly, and never drive around the barriers warning you that the road is flooded. Also, motorists should refrain from removing any Road Closed or High Water signs that have been placed at affected areas by the Highway Department.