News release from the Allen County Highway Department:
Allen County road closings – June 16th
(June 16, 2015) – As of 8:15 a.m., the Allen County Highway Department reports the following roads are closed due to high water:
- Homestead Rd. from Lwr. Huntington Rd. to US 24
- Ellison Rd. from Branstrator Rd. toLiberty Mills Rd.
- Branstrator Rd. from Lwr. Huntington Rd. to Yohne Rd.
- Brindle Rd. from Branstrator Rd. to Coverdale Rd.
- Branstrator Rd. from Hamilton Rd. to Yoder Rd.
- Parrot Rd. from Hartzell Rd. to Madge Ave.
- Monroeville Rd. from Clayton Rd. to Whittern Rd.
- Hoagland Rd. from Fackler Rd. to Grotrian Rd.
- Flatrock Rd. from Lortie Rd. to Morgan Rd.
- Houk Rd. from Maples Rd. to Rohrbach Rd.
- Bostic Rd. from S. Anthony Ext. to US 27
- Marion Ctr. Rd. from US 27 to Winchester Rd.
- S. Co. Line Rd. from US 27 to Winchester Rd.
The Highway Department reminds motorists that if they encounter a flooded roadway, be sure to “Turn Around, Don’t Drown.” According to the National Weather Service, most flash flooding deaths are vehicle related. Six inches of standing water is enough to cause passenger cars to stall and a foot of water will float many vehicles. Motorists should never drive through flooded roadways, especially if the water is moving rapidly, and never drive around the barriers warning you that the road is flooded.