News release from Greater Fort Wayne, Inc.:
Thirty-seven Graduate from Leadership Fort Wayne Program
(June 4, 2015) – Greater Fort Wayne Inc. celebrated the graduation of 37 community leaders from its adult community leadership program, May 20, 2015, as part of the GFW Inc. Annual Meeting held at Parkview Mirro Center for Research & Innovation. As part of the community leadership development program, class members work on Community Action Projects to benefit the broader community.
The 2015 Class Projects include:
The Biker Gang
This group’s mission is to enhance the Downtown Fort Wayne experience and image with a focus on healthy solutions that will build an overall better experience within our city for our community and our visitors. They have been working on bringing a bike-share program to Downtown Fort Wayne that is expected to be completed by 2019.
Live, Fort Wayne
The group has been working with Visit Fort Wayne, and Blue Bridge Digital to create a user friendly app, allowing individuals to see what events are currently going on in Fort Wayne. App features: personalized events calendar, media guide, itinerary builder, one touch social sharing, and information directory. The group hopes to have the app available this summer.
Giving Back, Fort Wayne
Giving Back, Fort Wayne created a Volunteer Expo Event where local non-profit agencies had the opportunity to speak with community members about ways to get involved with their organization. The Expo took place this past March at Indiana Tech.
With the forward-thinking energy surrounding the Riverfront Fort Wayne project in downtown, this community action team formed as an effort to spread additional awareness in the community at-large as well as the future of the City of Fort Wayne. The team is in process of completing several components to their project and hopes to launch the initiative later this summer.
Their mission is to make our fellow citizens aware of the benefits of being vaccinated against the flu and to answer the misinformation that can dissuade them from getting themselves or their family inoculated. They are partnering with several organizations to get the message out. They plan to prepare awareness campaigns in time for the fall 2015 effort to promote flu shots.
This team is working on a Financial Literacy Program for High School students helping them to better understand how financial decisions impact various aspects of their lives as they enter the “real world”. The team has been working on lesson plans and partnerships to support the program. Their next step is present the finished plan to Junior Achievement, Partner Universities, Partner Financial Institutions, Potential Sponsors and Pilot Schools. The hope is to have the first class for the pilot program by January 2016.
Members of the 2015 Graduating Class Are:
- Ahmed Abdelmageed -Â Manchester University
- Lucretia Cardenas -Â KPC Media Group Inc.
- Kathy Carr -Â Fort Wayne Community Schools
- Joseph Cavacini -Â First Federal Savings
- Stacy Christlieb -Â Gibson/ Junior League Fort Wayne
- Jeffrey Dysert -Â PNC Bank
- Nicholas Elkins -Â American Electric Power
- Caroline Foster -Â DWD-State of Indiana
- Kathryn Gentz -Â Jack Laurie Group
- Major Charles Goad -Â 122d Fighter Wing, Air National Guard
- Adrian Guenther -Â Lincoln Financial Group
- Tim Harmon -Â Journal Gazette
- Jermaine Jackson -Â Jackson Insurance Agency
- Lyndsey Jackson -Â 3Rivers Federal Credit Union
- Alec Johnson -Â City of Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation
- Christopher Johnson -Â Hylant
- Erin LaCross -Â Parkview Hospital Randallia
- Willie Lipsey -Â Fort Wayne Orthopedics
- Angela Logan -Â Dupont Hospital
- Andrea Maisonneuve -Â Parkview Health
- John Minnich -Â Manchester University
- Donald Osika Jr. -Â WISE TV Inc.
- James “Tony” Patrick -Â Old National Bank
- Holly Raney -Â Fort Wayne TinCaps/Parkview Field
- Lance Richey -Â University of Saint Francis
- Sara Schneider -Â Parkview Health
- Abraham Schwab -Â Indiana University- Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Senior Master Sgt. Scott Snodderly -Â 122d Fighter Wing, Air National Guard
- Lynell Sparks -Â Ivy Tech Corporate College
- Â Walter “Scott” Sproul -Â Do It Best Corp.
- Theresa Steup -Â Wells Fargo Bank
- Lindsey Swanson -Â Haller & Colvin P.C.
- Jessica Swinford -Â Parkview Health/ Junior League Fort Wayne
- Kimberly Tempel -Â WorkOne
- Paul “P.J.” Thuringer -Â City of Fort Wayne
- Mike Wallace -Â STAR Financial Bank
- Andrew Welch -Â Ivy Tech Community College
Applications for the Leadership Fort Wayne Class of 2016 are now available online at www.greaterfortwayneinc.com/LFW. Applications will be accepted through June 30, 2015.
About Greater Fort Wayne Inc., Metro Chamber Alliance
Greater Fort Wayne (GFW) Inc. serves Fort Wayne and Allen County, Indiana, as its primary point of contact for economic growth. GFW Inc.’s main focus is on prosperity and community vibrancy through economic development, advocacy, programs and resources that support business success, leadership development, graduate retention and community engagement. To learn more visit www.greaterfortwayneinc.com.