News release from Fort Wayne Community Schools:
FWCS Schools wrap up 2015-16 school year with honors, celebrations
(May 28, 2015) – Students across Fort Wayne Community Schools will be recognized over the next two weeks for reaching a milestone in their educational careers, whether at elementary, middle or high school. School also will honor students who have achieved success in a variety of areas over the course of the school year.
Schools will say good-bye to their fifth- and eighth-graders in recognition, culmination and award ceremonies. The ceremonies honor the work the students have accomplished in their current schools and celebrate the good things to come in their new schools. Many schools also celebrate the successful completion of pre-K or kindergarten, which for many students means finishing their first year of school. High schools also have special events to wrap up the year honoring students.
Following is a list of the ceremonies happening before the end of the school year. All events are at the school unless otherwise listed.
Thursday, May 28
- Shawnee Middle School will have its Awards Night for students at 6 p.m. at Northrop High School, 7001 Coldwater Road.
- Portage Middle School will host its Awards Night at 6:30 p.m. at Wayne High School, 9100 Winchester Road.
- Lakeside Middle School will have its Honor Awards at 7 p.m. at North Side High School, 475 E. State Blvd.
- Snider High School, 4600 Fairlawn Pass, will have an Honors Program recognizing student accomplishments at 7 p.m.
Monday, June 1
- Miami Middle School will have its Eighth-grade Awards at 5 p.m. at Wayne High School.
- Memorial Park Middle School will have its Eighth-grade Academic Awards Ceremony at 6 p.m. in the South Side High School Auditorium, 3601 S. Calhoun St.
- Forest Park Elementary will have its Fifth-grade Recognition at 7 p.m. at North Side High School.
- Blackhawk Middle School will have its Academic Awards Night at Snider High School. Sixth-graders will be honored at 6 p.m.; seventh-graders at 7 p.m.; and eighth-graders at 8 p.m.
Tuesday, June 2
- Miami Middle School, 8100 Amherst Drive, will celebrate seventh-graders in an awards ceremony at 8 a.m.
- Croninger Elementary, 6700 Trier Road, will celebrate students and staff in a Four Star School Celebration at 2:30 p.m. Students will enjoy popsicles and music outside.
- Indian Village Elementary will send off its fifth-graders in a Culmination Ceremony at 6:30 p.m. at South Side High School.
- Lane Middle School will host its End of the Year Awards Ceremony at 6:30 p.m. at Snider High School.
Wednesday, June 3
- Irwin Elementary, 3501 S. Anthony Blvd., will have an Honor Roll Breakfast for students at 7:30 a.m.
- Miami Middle School will celebrate sixth-graders in an awards ceremony at 8 a.m.
- Adams Elementary, 3000 New Haven Ave., will have its Fifth-grade Brunch at 10 a.m.
- Franke Park Elementary, 838 Mildred Ave., will have a Fifth-grade Awards Ceremony, at 5:30 p.m.
- Haley Elementary, 2201 Maplecrest Road, will have an Honors Program for students at 6 p.m. Snider High School.
Thursday, June 4
- Lakeside Middle School, 2100 Lake Ave., will have the PTA/Lakeside Honor’s Breakfast at 6:30 a.m.
- Indian Village Elementary will have its Honors Breakfast for students in third through fifth
grades at 7:30 a.m.
- Haley Elementary will celebrate student accomplishments with a series of award ceremonies throughout the day. Kindergarten and first-grade awards will take place at 9:30 a.m.; third grade at 11 a.m.; fourth grade at 12:45 a.m.; and second grade at 2 p.m.
- Study Elementary, 2414 Brooklyn Ave., will have a Fifth-grade Celebration at 10 a.m. Fifth-grade students will receive academic and citizenship awards for the hard work and effort they put forth during their fifth-grade year. Refreshments will be provided at the conclusion of the event in the gymnasium.
- St. Joseph Central Elementary, 6341 St. Joe Center Road, will have a Kindergarten Celebration at 1:40 p.m.
- South Wayne Elementary, 810 Cottage Ave., will have its Awards Day for students in kindergarten through fourth grades at 10 a.m. The Fifth-grade Celebration will take place at 6 p.m.
- Washington Elementary, 1015 W. Washington Blvd., will have its Fifth-grade Celebration at 6 p.m.
- Blackhawk Middle School, 7200 E. State Blvd., will have its Eighth-grade Athletic Awards Night 6:30 p.m.
Friday, June 5
- Arlington Elementary, 8118 St. Joe Center Road, will celebrate fourth-graders in an awards program at 7:45 a.m. and fifth-graders at 1 p.m.
- Northwood Middle School, 1201 E. Washington Center Road, will have an awards program at 8 a.m.
- Nebraska Elementary, 1525 Boone St., will celebrate student accomplishments throughout the day. Pre-kindergarten awards will be presented at 9:15 a.m.; first- and second-grade awards will be at 10:30 a.m.; third- and fourth-grade awards will be at1:30 p.m.; and the STAR Reception for students who have been on Honor Roll all three grading periods will begin at 3 p.m.
- Weisser Park Elementary, 902 Colerick St., will have its All-School Recognition and Kiwanis Awards at 9:15 a.m.
- Adams Elementary will have a school-wide Awards Day at 9:30 a.m.
- Maplewood Elementary, 2200 Maplewood Road, will have a Fifth-grade Celebration at 9:30 a.m.
- Forest Park Elementary, 2004 Alabama Ave., will have celebrate fourth quarter Honor Roll students at 9:30 a.m. Awards ceremonies will continue throughout the day with awards for kindergarten through second grade at 1:45 p.m. and awards for third and fourth grades at 2:30 p.m.
- Indian Village Elementary will have an End-of-Year Pre-k Celebration at 10 a.m. for the morning class and 2 p.m. for the afternoon class. The school will also have a Cake Celebration for fifth-graders at 11 a.m.
- St. Joseph Central Elementary will have its Kiwanis Awards at 1:45 p.m.
- Harris Elementary, 4501Thorngate Dr., will have its Fifth-grade Recognition Ceremony at 2 p.m.
- Bloomingdale Elementary, 1300 Orchard St., will have its Kindergarten Celebration at 5:30 p.m.
Monday, June 8
- Jefferson Middle School, 5303 Wheelock Road, will have its Eighth-grade Breakfast at 8 a.m.
- Memorial Park Middle School, 2200 Maumee Ave., will have a day of celebrations starting with the Sixth-grade Academic Awards Ceremony at 8 a.m. The Seventh-grade Academic Awards Ceremony will begin at 9:30, followed by the Functional Skills Awards Ceremony at 11 a.m.
- Fairfield Elementary, 2825 Fairfield Ave., will have its Fifth-grade Celebration and All-School Awards Ceremony at 9:15 a.m.
- Indian Village Elementary will have an Achievement Awards presentation at 9:15 a.m. for students in first and second grades, followed by third and fourth grades at 9:50 a.m.
- Nebraska Elementary will have Kindergarten Awards 9:15 a.m. and Fifth-grade Awards at 10:30 a.m.
- Harris Elementary will have awards ceremonies for students in kindergarten through second grade at 9:15 a.m., followed by awards for students in third and fourth grades at 10:15 a.m.
- Irwin Elementary will have a Recognition and Completion Ceremony for students at 9:25 a.m.
- Glenwood Park Elementary, 4501 Vance Ave., will have its Fifth-grade Celebration at 9:30 a.m.
- Towles Montessori Elementary and New Tech Middle School, 420 E. Paulding Road, will have a Culmination Ceremony at 9:30 a.m. Students moving from the 6-9 Cluster (first through third grades) to the 9-12 Cluster (fourth through sixth grades), students moving from the 9-12 Cluster to New Tech and students moving from 8th grade onto to high school will be recognized.
- Washington Elementary will have an Award Ceremony at 9:30 a.m.
- Weisser Park Elementary will have its Fifth-grade Celebration at 9:30 a.m.
- Maplewood Elementary will present end-of-the year awards to students in first through fifth grades at 9:30 a.m. and to kindergarten students at 2 p.m.
- Harrison Hill Elementary, 355 Cornell Circle, will have Kindergarten Recognition at 9:30 a.m. and Fifth-grade Recognition at 1:30 p.m.
- St. Joseph Central will have its Fifth-grade Recognition at 9:30 a.m. The Great St. Joseph Central Splash Down will take place from 1:30-3 p.m.
- Study Elementary will have its Kindergarten Celebration at 10 a.m. Kindergarten students will receive academic and citizenship awards for their hard work and effort during their Kindergarten year. Refreshments will be provided at the conclusion of the event in the gymnasium.
- Lindley Elementary, 2201 Ardmore Ave., will have Honor Roll Recognitions throughout the day. Third- and fourth-graders will be honored at 10:15 a.m., and fifth-graders will be honored at 1:30 p.m.
- Haley Elementary will have a Fifth-grade Talent Show in the morning followed by the Fifth-grade Awards program at 1:30 p.m.
- Bloomingdale Elementary will have a Fifth-grade Celebration at 2:30 p.m.
About Fort Wayne Community Schools
With nearly 31,000 students, Fort Wayne Community Schools is one of the largest school districts in Indiana. FWCS proudly allows families to choose any of its 51 schools through its successful school-choice program creating diversity in each school, including some with more than 75 languages spoken. FWCS offers seven magnet schools focusing on areas such as science and math, communication, fine arts or Montessori at the elementary and middle school level. In high school, students can choose from the prestigious International Baccalaureate program, Project Lead the Way or New Tech Academy as well as other rigorous academic and specialty training programs.