News release from the Fort Wayne Fire Department:
2115 Eden Street, House Fire
(May 10, 2015) – The FWFD responded to a reported apartment fire at 2115 Eden Street, 9A. First arriving units found smoke coming fromt he two story multi unit apartment building. Firefighters used an aggressive interior attack to bring the fire under control in nine minutes. Two occupants were home at the time of the fire and had self evacuated on the departments arrival. The fire was contained to the kitchen area of the apartment. Unattended food on the stove is believed to be the cause of the fire.
Fire damage: moderate
Water damage: moderate
Smoke damage: heavy
Investigation status: cleared by investigations