News release from the Fort Wayne Fire Department:
House Fire, 815 Columbia Avenue, Apartment 2
(March 17, 2015) – The Fort Wayne Fire Department was called to 815 Columbia Avenue on a reported apartment fire. When crews arrived they found a small fire on the roof of the Apartment complex. Only one of the four apartments was occupied at the time of the fire. Crews quickly had the fire under control and damage to the structure was minor. The occupant was home at the time of the fire and escaped without injuries. The fire was started from discarded smoking material.
The Fort Wayne Fire Department was assisted by TRAA, AEP, NIPSCO and Neighborhood Code. The Apartment building was able to be occupied after Fire Department left the scene.
The Fort Wayne Fire Department wants to remind everyone to properly discard all smoking materials.