News release from the North American Brass Band Championships:
2015 North American Brass Band Championships in Fort Wayne from March 13-14
(March 9, 2015) – The North American Brass Band Association is holding its annual Championships in Fort Wayne. The dates for the event are Friday, March 13 and Saturday, March 14, 2015.
28 brass bands from all over the United States and Canada will compete in the championships. This equates to over 900 brass and percussion performers. The local Old Crown Brass Band will also compete.
The schedules for the two days are as follows:
Friday, March 13th
- Solos and Ensembles throughout the day starting at 8:30 a.m. These will be
held in the Embassy Theatre, Grand Wayne Calhoun rooms of the Grand Wayne Center and
Marriott Legacy Ballroom see https://www.nabba.org/championships/schedule15.html for details
- Open section band (Old Crown Brass Band) at 7:00 p.m. at the Embassy
- Championship Bands (Test Piece) at 7:45 p.m. and then solo and ensemble
awards at 10:30 p.m. . All at the Embassy Theatre
Saturday, March 14th
- Second Section Bands 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Auer Performance HallÂ at IPFW
- First Section Bands 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Embassy Theatre
- Youth Section Bands 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Embassy Theatre
- Third Section Bands 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Embassy Theatre
- Championship Bands (Choice Piece) 8:00 p.m. followed by awards atÂ 10:30 p.m.
As you can see, this is a jam packed 2 days of brass music performed by some the best brass musicians in the U.S. and Canada. Tickets for the event are now on sale through the Embassy box office and through Ticketmaster https://fwembassytheatre.com/home.htm
Tickets are very reasonable and are all-inclusive 2-day passes. $25.00 adult $15.00 senior $10.00 students (through college).
The 2-day passes also include admission to the Vendor area in the Embassy Theatre.