News release from the Fort Wayne Community Schools:
FWCS announces school hours for 2015-16
(February 20, 2015) – Fort Wayne Community Schools announced school hours for the 2015-16 school year today. School hours for most schools were announced last month as part of changes made to reduce $2.5 million in transportation expenses. The hours for programs with special schedules were not yet determined at that point.
Those hours have been finalized as follows:
Elementary Schools – 8:20 a.m.-2:55 p.m.
- Bunche Montessori
- Kindergarten – 8:10 a.m.-2:20 p.m.
- Pre-K – 8:10-10:45 a.m.
- Title I Pre-K
- Morning – 8:20 a.m.-10:55 a.m.
- Afternoon -12:20-2:55 p.m.
- Towles Montessori/New Tech – 7:55 a.m.-2:35 p.m.
- Whitney Young
- Kindergarten – 8:20 a.m.-2:55 p.m.
- Morning Pre-K – 8:20-10:40 a.m.
- Afternoon Pre-K – 12:10-2:55 p.m.
- Middle Schools – 7:20 a.m.-2:15 p.m.
- High Schools – 9:05 a.m.-4:10 p.m.
- Ward Education Center – 9:45 a.m.-4:40 p.m.
- Anthis Career Center 9:20 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Morning – 9:20 a.m.-12:05 p.m.
- Afternoon – 12:45-3:30 p.m.
About Fort Wayne Community Schools
With nearly 31,000 students, Fort Wayne Community Schools is one of the largest school districts in Indiana. FWCS proudly allows families to choose any of its 51 schools through its successful school-choice program creating diversity in each school, including some with more than 75 languages spoken. FWCS offers seven magnet schools focusing on areas such as science and math, communication, fine arts or Montessori at the elementary and middle school level. In high school, students can choose from the prestigious International Baccalaureate program, Project Lead the Way or New Tech Academy as well as other rigorous academic and specialty training programs.