News release from Turnstone:
Sled Hockey Championships this weekend
(February 5, 2015) – Sled hockey is returning to Fort Wayne for the 7th Annual Bob Chase Frostbite Sled Hockey Classic and 5th Annual Silver Stick Sled Hockey ChampionshipÂ February 7 & 8, 2015.
- This nationwide event will include competition from teams traveling from Buffalo, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee.
- Adult teams will be competing in the Bob Chase Frostbite Sled Hockey Classic which is part of the Mid-American Great Lakes (MAGL) Sled Hockey League. The top 2 teams at the end of the season will go on to participate in the Disabled Festival National Championship.
- Youth Teams will be participating in the Silver Stick Sled Hockey Final. Silver Stick is a non-profit organization that promotes Citizenship and Goodwill through hockey. More than 65,000 players participant in Silver Stick events annually.
- Opening Ceremonies will be held on Saturday, February 7 at 12:10pm.
- Semifinals will be held Sunday, February 8 at 9:40am & 10:10am.
- Championship match will be held Sunday, February 8 at 1:00pm.
- All games and opening ceremony will be held at Parkview/SportONE Icehouse located at 3869 Ice Way, Fort Wayne IN 46805, 260-387-6614
Fort Wayne is proud to have the Turnstone Flyers playing in both the MAGL and Silver Stick divisions.
Here is when the local team plays:
Saturday, February 7th
- 9:30am vs Grand Rapids, MI (Silver Stick)
- 1:10pm vs Fraiser, MI (MAGL)
- 2:30pm vs Wooster, OH (Silver Stick)
- 9:55pm vs Buffalo, NY (MAGL)
Sunday, February 9th
- 8:10am vs Chicago, IL (Silver Stick)
- 2:30pm vs Grand Rapids, MI (MAGL)
- 4:20pm vs Columbus, MI (MAGL)