News release from Fort Wayne Community Schools:
Anthis students participate in Skills USA Competition
(January 29, 2015) – Career Centers from around Northeast Indiana, including Anthis Career Center, will compete with each other from 8 a.m.-noon in the regional Skills USA Competition. Business partners from the community will help judge the students’ performances.
Competitions and their locations include:
- Automotive Collision Repair at the Anthis Automotive Center, 1219 S. Lafayette St.
- Cosmetology at Anthis Career Center, 1200 S. Barr St.
- Welding at Ivy Tech North Campus
- TV Production at the Maker Studio, Allen County Public Library
- Construction Trades at the Anthis Construction Trades Center, 230 E. Douglas St.
- IT/Graphic Design at the University of Saint Francis Roland Art Center
About Fort Wayne Community Schools
With nearly 31,000 students, Fort Wayne Community Schools is one of the largest school districts in Indiana. FWCS proudly allows families to choose any of its 51 schools through its successful school-choice program creating diversity in each school, including some with more than 75 languages spoken. FWCS offers seven magnet schools focusing on areas such as science and math, communication, fine arts or Montessori at the elementary and middle school level. In high school, students can choose from the prestigious International Baccalaureate program, Project Lead the Way or New Tech Academy as well as other rigorous academic and specialty training programs.