News release from the Allen County Commissioners:
Newly-Elected County Officials Take Oath of Office
Inauguration ceremony features new Council members, recorder & sheriff
(December 30, 2014) â€” Allen County’s newly-elected officials took the oath of office during inauguration ceremonies this afternoon at the Allen County Courthouse.
Among those sworn in were two new members of the County Council â€” Sharon Tucker, who will represent the first district, and Joel Benz, representing the third district. This is the first time Tucker and Benz have served in an elected capacity. Two other council members who were reelected â€” Tom Harris and Larry Brown â€” also took the oath of office today.
David Gladieux became the county’s newest sheriff, but he is hardly a new face to the department. Gladieux, a 28-year veteran, served for the past eight years as chief deputy to Ken Fries, who was limited to two terms under the state constitution.
Anita Mather was sworn in to begin a four-year term as County Recorder. Mather has been serving as recorder since August, when John McGauley stepped down to become Court Executive for Allen Superior Court. She has worked in the recorder’s office since 1993.
For County Commissioner Linda Bloom, today’s inauguration ceremony was nothing new. Bloom was elected in November to her sixth consecutive four-year term on the Board of Commissioners. Joining her in taking the oath was Commissioner Therese Brown, elected to her second term on the board.
Other County elected officials who took the oath of office at today’s ceremony were:
- Thomas J. Felts â€” Allen Circuit Court Judge
- Frances C. Gull â€” Allen Superior Court Judge
- John F. Surbeck, Jr. â€” Allen Superior Court Judge
- Craig J. Bobay â€” Allen Superior Court Judge
- Daniel G. Heath â€” Allen Superior Court Judge
- Stanley A. Levine â€” Allen Superior Court Judge
- Karen E. Richards â€” Allen County Prosecuting Attorney
- Lisbeth A. Borgmann â€” Clerk of Allen Circuit and Superior Courts
- Tera K. Klutz â€” Allen County Auditor
- Stacey J. O’Day â€” Allen County Assessor
- Beverly Zuber â€” Wayne Township Assessor
In addition, five township trustees were sworn in.
Sen. David Long, Indiana Senate President Pro Tem, delivered remarks and the Honorable Paul D. Mathias, Judge of the Indiana Court of Appeals, administered the oaths of office.