News release from the TinCaps:
Fireworks at Parkview Field to Cap Night of Lights
Holiday Season Starts in Downtown Fort Wayne
(November 25, 2014) â€” Parkview Field again will host fireworks on Thanksgiving Eve as part of Downtown Fort Wayne’s Night of Lights to kick off the holiday season. The event is free and open to the public.
Fireworks are set to blast at Parkview Field at 7:45 p.m. on Wednesday, capping off a full slate of Downtown lighting ceremonies and holiday traditions. (See full schedule below.)
Parkview Field’s concession stands will have food and beverages available, including coffee and hot cocoa for $1. Guests can also enjoy holiday lights around the park, as well as music and videos.
For more information on Night of Lights, visit DowntownFortWayne.com.
2014 Night of Lights Schedule
Wednesday, Nov. 26th
- 5:15 p.m. History Center Turret Lighting (Barr Street)
- 5:30 p.m. University of Saint Francis Robert Goldstine PAC Wreath Lighting (Berry Street)
- 5:45 p.m. Aunt Millie’s Northern Lights (Pearl Street)
- 6:00 p.m. Community Center Santa’s Workshop Display (Main Street)
- 6:15 p.m. Santa and Reindeer at PNC with Mayor Henry (Main and Berry Streets)
- 6:45 p.m. Wells Fargo Holiday Display and Indiana Michigan Power Merry Christmas Wreath with a special performance by the Northrop High School Show Choir (I&M Power Center Plaza)
- 7:15 p.m. Botanical Conservatory and Embassy Theatre Window Lighting (Jefferson Boulevard)
- 7:45 p.m. Parkview Field Fireworks (Jefferson Boulevard)
After the fireworks, nine local churches will chime in unison as the Ringing of the Bells marks the beginning of the holidays.