News release from CANI:
Open Enrollment Super Saturdays offer health insurance options at free monthly events
(October 16, 2014) – Do you or someone you know need health insurance? Do you need help navigating the health insurance marketplace to find the plan right for you?
Open enrollment is Nov. 15, 2014-Feb. 15, 2015. The public is invited to attend Open Enrollment Super Saturdays to learn more about healthcare laws and options for health insurance. Attendees will get the opportunity to get free help with enrollment, discuss the details of various health plans and find out which is the best choice.
All of these events are free and open to the public.
Open Enrollment Super Saturdays take place on the following dates:
- November 1, 2014 (Education Only)
- November 15, 2014
- December 13, 2014
- January 10, 2015
- February 14, 2015
- CANI – 227 E Washington Blvd (9:00 am – 1:00 pm) *Enter Washington Blvd. Entrance
- Neighborhood Health Clinics (Southeast) – 3350 E Paulding, Fort Wayne, IN (10:00 am – 2:00 pm)
- Ivy Tech Northeast (Room 2310, Coliseum Campus) – 3800 N Anthony Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN (9:00 am – 1:00 pm) *Staffed by Volunteer Center
Attendees will need to have the following information for health insurance enrollment:
- Photo I.D.
- Social Security Number or other I.D. Number – Have this identification available for anyone in the household applyingÂ for coverage.
- Income Information – This may include tax statements, pay stubs or W-2 forms. Be sure to have this income information available for anyone in the household applying for coverage.
- Current Health Insurance Policy Numbers – If there are members of your family who already have health insurance coverage, you will need to provide those policy numbers.
- Employee Coverage Form – This is a government form you need to fill out if you if currently have the option to get health coverage through your employer or your spouse’s employer..
â€˜Now that everyone is required to have health insurance or face penalties, it’s very important that people enroll during Open Enrollment’ explains Norma Napoli, Interim Executive Director for CKF-IN. â€˜These events are a great place to get free help from navigators who can help you and your whole family sign up for coverage’, continues Napoli. â€˜If you signed up for a plan during the first Open Enrollment period, it’s important for you to be sure your plan is still right for you. There are new plans available during this Open Enrollment period that may be cheaper than your current plan. Navigators available at these events can provide free and accurate information to help you make the right plan choice’, concludes Napoli.
Open Enrollment Super Saturdays are presented by the Covering Kids & Families of Northeast Indiana (CKF-NEIN) Coalition, including: CANI (Community Action of Northeast Indiana), Neighborhood Health Clinics, Volunteer Center, 211, Parkview Health, Anthem, MDwise, and Ambetter from MHS.
For more information, visit: https://www.in211.org/events/ or call 2-1-1.
CANI helps communities, families, and individuals remove the causes and conditions of poverty. Covering Kids and Families (CKF) offers assistance to local residents applying for health insurance programs. For more information about CANI and the services provided, visit the web site mybrightpoint.org.