News release from The Salvation Army:
This week: Apply for Christmas Assistance from The Salvation Army
(October 12, 2014) – The Salvation Army and Toys for Tots will be taking applications for their Christmas assistance programs October 14-24.
All families interested in seeking Christmas assistance from The Salvation Army this season (including the Toys for Tots, Angel Tree, Food Vouchers, and Adopt-A-Family programs) MUST APPLY at this time.
The legal guardian must apply for assistance and should come to The Salvation Army, 2901 N. Clinton on these dates and times:
- October 14 – applications for families whose last name begins with A-F
- October 15 – applications for families whose last name begins with G-M
- October 16 – applications for families whose last name begins with N-R
- October 17 – applications for families whose last name begins with S-Z
- October 20-24 – applications open to all families
Applications will be taken at The Salvation Army: 2901 North ClintonÂ Doors will be open from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. and 1:00 -3:00 p.m.
Individuals must come prepared with the following information in order to receiveÂ assistance:
- Photo ID (head of household/applicant)
- Social Security card or ITIN Card for each member of the household
- Original Birth Certificates for all children under the age of 18
- Proof of income/assistance for the entire house (food stamps, TANF, Housing, etc.
- Proof of expenses for the entire house (utility bills, lease, rent receipts, etc)
- Clothing sizes for all children ages 0-14.
- If you have zero income, you must bring a printout from the unemployment officeÂ stating your income for the last 12 months. Proof of any assistance (how you payÂ rent) will also be required.
- Single parent households must show proof of child support. Proof can be obtainedÂ at the Allen County Clerks Office regardless of payment status (even if you haveÂ never filed for support)
Any questions regarding required documentation? Contact The Salvation Army at (260)Â 744-2311. Information is also on line at www.safortwayne.org.
All families seeking Christmas assistance from The Salvation Army thisÂ season (including the Toys for Tots, Angel Tree, Food Vouchers, andÂ Adopt-A-Family programs) MUST apply at this time.
With community support, we look forward to helping all those in need throughout FortÂ Wayne this Christmas season. Please help us get the word out that now is the time toÂ apply for assistance, so that we can help make this a Merry Christmas for everyone!