News release from the Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Indiana-Fort Wayne:
Crop for a Cause Fundraiser – 10/25/2014
(September 30, 2014) – Join the Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Indiana-Fort Wayne Walk to End Alzheimer’s Committee on Saturday, October 25 at Lutheran Life Villages (6701 S. Anthony Blvd) from 10 am to 5 pm for the Crop for a Cause fundraiser for the 2014 Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Admission is $10 and includes snacks, drinks and lunch as well as an area to create scrapbook your memories. Some scrapbooking supplies will be available for purchase. Wear purple for a special gift.
Facts & Figures about Alzheimer’s:
- Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States
- More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease
- 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or related dementia
- In 2012, 15.4 million caregivers provided more than 17.5 billion hours of unpaid care valued at $216 billion
- In 2013, the direct costs of caring for those with Alzheimer’s to the American society will total an estimated $203 billion. That number is expected to rise to $1.2 trillion by 2050
For more information about this fundraiser or to reserve your space, please contact Julie at 260-420-5547 x 172 or.