News release from the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership:
Public invited to workshops to define Northeast Indiana’s story
(August 28, 2014) – The Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership is launching a new project, the Our Story Project, and is seeking public input to help change the way we speak about our region. Workshops will be held in all 10 counties within Northeast Indiana and public participation will help establish the region’s reputation–who we are, where we are going as a region and what Northeast Indiana will be known for. With key messages defined, people and organizations throughout Northeast Indiana will be able to tell a unified story about Northeast Indiana.
The workshops will consist of a series of interactive, proprietary exercises aimed at building and refining Northeast Indiana’s story.
“By the end of this project, hundreds, if not thousands, of Northeast Indiana residents will have had a hand in shaping our story. We look forward to discovering what common themes emerge from all of the input,” said Courtney Tritch, vice president of marketing at the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership. “This is a unique approach that hasn’t been done on this scale before.”
The workshops will be conducted in two phases. The first phase of workshops will focus on discovering the region’s personality, while the second phase of workshops will center on how we talk about the region. The public is invited to attend any phase one and/or phase two workshop.
The first phase of workshops will be held the week of September 15:
- Monday, September 15 from 7:00-10:30 am at Ramada Inn, 3855 Indiana 127, Angola
- Monday, September 15 from 2:00-5:00 pm at La Quinta Inn, 306 Touring Drive, Auburn
- Tuesday, September 16 from 7:00-10:30 am at Impact Institute, 580 Fairview Blvd., Kendallville
- Tuesday, September 16 from 12:00-3:00 pm at LaGrange Public Library, 203 W. Spring St., LaGrange
- Wednesday, September 17 from 7:00-10:30 am at Girls Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana, 10008 Dupont Circle Drive East, Fort Wayne
- Wednesday, September 17 from 2:00-5:00 pm at Region 8 Education Service Center, 251 W 850 N, Decatur
- Thursday, September 18 from 12:00-3:00 pm at Wells County Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development, 211 W. Water St., Bluffton
- Thursday, September 18 from 5:30-8:30 pm at Parkview Whitley Hospital, 1260 E. State Road 205, Columbia City
- Friday, September 19 from 7:00-10:30 am at Wabash County Chamber of Commerce, 210 S. Wabash St., Wabash
The second phase of workshops will be held the week of September 29:
- Monday, September 29 from 7:00-10:30 am at Ramada Inn, 3855 Indiana 127, Angola
- Monday, September 29 from 2:00-5:00 pm at Waterloo Train Depot, 215 W. Van Vleek St., Waterloo
- Tuesday, September 30 from 7:00-10:30 am at Noble County Public Library, 813 E. Main St., Albion
- Tuesday, September 30 from 2:00-5:00 pm at Shipshewana Event Center, 760 S. Van Buren St., Shipshewana
- Wednesday, October 1 from 7:00-10:30 am at Parkview Whitley Hospital, 1260 E. State Road 205, Columbia City
- Wednesday, October 1 from 12:00-3:00 pm at Manchester University, JYSC Hoff Room – 2nd Floor, North Manchester
- Wednesday, October 1 from 5:30-8:30 pm at Huntington University, 2303 College Ave., Huntington*
- Thursday, October 2 from 7:00-10:30 am at Clock Tower Inn, 1335 US 27 N, Berne
- Thursday, October 2 from 12:00-3:00 pm at Wells County Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development, 211 W. Water St., Bluffton
- Thursday, October 2 from 5:30-8:30 pm at Pizza Hut Corporate Office, 7100 W. Jefferson Blvd., Fort Wayne
- Friday, October 3 from 7:00-10:30 am at Huntington University, 2303 College Ave., Huntington*
Seating is limited. RSVPs will be taken on a first come, first served basis. To reserve a spot, visit.
The Our Story Project is sponsored by 21Alive, the Indiana Economic Development Corporation and Parkview Health.
For more information about the Our Story Project, visit https://neindiana.com/northeast-indiana/marketing-our-story.
*Due to scheduling, the phase one and phase two workshops in Huntington County will both be held the week of September 29.
About the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership
The Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership was formed in 2006 to help build a globally competitive economy in Northeast Indiana. It is a public-private partnership focused on generating business leads and building regional capacity through product development and effective regional collaboration. The Northeast Indiana Fund (Fund) was created in 2005 to operate as a supporting organization of the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership, focused specifically on product development and regional collaboration. In 2010, the Partnership launched Vision 2020 to bring the region together around five key areas for economic growth: 21st Century Talent, Competitive Business Climate, Entrepreneurship, Infrastructure and Quality of Life. Through its combined efforts in business development and capacity building, the Partnership supports its 10 member counties: Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells and Whitley counties. For more information, visit www.NEIndiana.com.