News release from SCAN:
Extra Cheese Please!
Benefit Local Families – Celebrate SCAN’s 40th at Cheese & Quackers
(August 5, 2014) – Any way you slice it, SCAN’s (Stop Child Abuse & Neglect) Cheese and Quackers is going to be gouda! SCAN’s 40th Birthday Celebration features cheesy food, craft brews, wine, live music, and The Princess Bride. Sounds grate so far, but wait- it gets feta! All proceeds benefit SCAN’s mission to eliminate child abuse and neglect.
Join us to celebrate SCAN’s 40th Birthday on Thursday, August 7th from 6:30pm to 10:30pm at Foellinger Theatre. For just $35 you will get samplings of beers and wines, plus 2 drink tickets and samplings of cheesy grub from local restaurants, including:
- Applebee’s: Four Cheese Macaroni & Cheese with Honey Pepper Chicken Tenders
- The Bagel Station: CanapÃ© Baguettes with a Variety of Cream Cheeses
- Catablu: Orzo Mac & Cheese with Sweet Peas, Brie & Mascarpone
- Club Soda: Smoked Gouda Dip with Flatbreads and Crackers
- Crystal Farms: Varieties of Cheese Samples
- For Goodness Cakes: Variety of Mini Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Granite City Food & Brewery: Granite City Beer & Cheddar Ale Soup
- Hopwood Cellars: Variety of Wines
- Mad Anthony Brewing Co.: Summer Daze, Raspberry Wheat, Auburn Lager, IPA
- Parkview: Caprese Salad Brochette, Pulled Pork Mac n’ Cheese & Lemon Mascarpone Gelato
- Pizza Hut of Fort Wayne: TMNT Pizza & Breadsticks
- Purple Mountain Cheesecake: Varieties of Cheesecake
- Salsa Grille: Variety of Salsa, Queso Dip and Tortilla Chips
- Shigs In Pit: Pimento Cheese, Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage on Quackers & Chicken and Cheese Nachos
- Swissland Cheese Company: Varieties of Cheese Samples
- Tucano’s Brazilian Grill: Garlic Parmesan Beef & Cheesecake
Enjoy all this cheesy grate-ness while the MP Cheese band plays your favorite hits from the 80s, 90s, and today, including the birthday songâ€¦this is a birthday party, after all! After SCAN’s duck mascot, Zoom, blows out the birthday candles, guests can grab a slice of birthday cake and celebrate 40 years of SCAN preparing parents and protecting children. Popcorn and classic movie theatre candies will be available as guests enjoy the very sharp, always funny, but a little cheesy – The Princess Bride! As you wish, designated driver tickets are available for $25. All guests will be entered to win a Cincinnati Reds ticket door prize and will receive a SCAN “Swag Bag” with cheesy souvenirs, including Poptique popcorn, a cheesy pizza cutter, and an LED light up goblet. All this cheese melted into one night? Inconceivable!
Some people probably thought Charlotte Salinger’s vision to create a child abuse prevention agency was inconceivable, but with the help of 10 of her peers, Ms. Salinger founded SCAN in 1974. The initial seed money to create SCAN was provided by the United Way of Allen County. In the beginning, SCAN was operated by Ms. Salinger, community volunteers, and just one staff. Today, SCAN employs more than 190 staff and impacts more than 5,660 families across a 19 Indiana county region. Through Prevention and Family Preservation programs, SCAN helps families who have experienced the trauma of, or are at risk for abuse and neglect. Proceeds from Cheese & Quackers go directly towards programming so SCAN can continue to teach parents how to provide for and nurture their children while helping children grow up to be healthy, happy, and free from violence. It doesn’t get feta than that.
For more information about Cheese & Quackers or to buy tickets, stop in SCAN, visit scanfw.org/cheese or call 421-5000 x2237. Tickets are available for purchase at SCAN or online until Wednesday, August 6th. On the day of the event, tickets (if remaining) will be available for purchase at SCAN 8am – 6pm and at Foellinger Theatre when the event begins at 6:30pm. Tickets are limited – get yours today! Don’t forget to brie-ing a friend, events are more fun when you don’t come prov-alone!
Located at 500 West Main Street, SCAN served over 15,500 adults and children in Allen and 18 surrounding northeast and north central Indiana counties in 2013. The agency provides prevention as well as preservation services for children and families who are victims of, or are at risk for abuse and neglect. For more information, visit us at www.scanfw.org. To report child abuse or neglect call the Indiana Child Abuse/Neglect Hotline: 800.800.5556.