News release from the City of Fort Wayne:
Mayor Henry to attend U.S. Conference of Mayors event
(January 21, 2014) – Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry will attend the 82nd Winter Meeting of the U.S. Conference of Mayors. The event will be held Wednesday-Friday in Washington, D.C.
Nearly 300 mayors are expected to attend. Topics of discussion will include the economy, jobs, innovation, and transportation.
The U.S. Conference of Mayors is a non-partisan organization of cities with populations of 30,000 or more.
Primary roles of the organization:
- Promote the development of effective national urban/suburban policy
- Strengthen federal-city relationships
- Ensure that federal policy meets urban needs
- Provide mayors with leadership and management tools
- Create a forum in which mayors can share ideas and information
The Winter Meeting will also include a visit to the White House for a meeting with President Obama.