News release from the City of Fort Wayne:
Contractor selected for Wells Street Bridge lighting Legacy project
(September 24, 2013) – Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry today announced that City Lights & Signals Inc. has been selected as the contractor for the Wells Street Bridge lighting improvement project. The City plans to invest $121,000 in Legacy funding as part of the Downtown Overpass Beautification and Lighting initiative.
- Installation of six new LED overhead lights down the middle of the bridge structure
- Installation of 14 new LED spotlights along the sides of the bridge structure
- Installation of eight new LED lights on each end of the bridge structure
- The lights on the side of the bridge will be mounted overhead, one to every other bay of the bridge
- Installation of 12 additional LED spotlights in the remaining bays on the sides of the bridge
- Lighting will be provided across the entire structure
It’s anticipated work could begin in November and be completed by the end of the year. The contract will be introduced to City Council tonight. The contract will also be presented to the Board of Park Commissioners on Wednesday.
You might also be interested in: 1986: Wells Street Bridge Proposal
Download S-13-09-20, the ordinance to be introduced at tonight’s City Council meeting. Introduction only this evening, discussion follows next week.