News release from Indiana Michigan Power:
I&M offers increased incentives for commercial & industrial customers in Indiana
(August 2, 2013) – Indiana Michigan Power (I&M), an operating unit of American Electric Power, is enhancing its commercial & industrial incentives energy efficiency program to offer increased cash incentives.
The program was launched in 2010 to help I&M business customers in Indiana control energy costs by using less energy. Eligible customers can temporarily earn increased incentives if they make efficiency upgrades for electric technologies, including energy-efficient lighting, drives, controls, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and more.
Changes to incentives:
- Lighting incentive increased to $0.06 per kWh of energy saving
- Non-lighting incentive remains $0.05 per kWh of energy saving
- Incentive cap for all project types, including HVAC, refrigeration and process improvements raised from $20,000 to $100,000
- Incentive payment tiers are removed
- No minimum threshold for energy savings projects
- Customers on a non-residential rate in I & M’s Indiana Service Territory with a peak demand above 10 kW are eligible to participate.
“We realize that this is a critical time for our business customers,” said Bob Bournique, Principal Energy Efficiency & Consumer Programs Coordinator. “By offering these increased incentives not only are we are doing our part to help the transition to energy efficient technology, but we also are helping to strengthen the competitiveness of our business customers.”
To receive the limited-time increased incentive rates, submit final applications within 90 days of project completion or by November 15, 2013, whichever comes first.
For more information about incentive details and how the application process works, please visit the program website at www.indianamichiganpower.comÂ or contact our program office at (855) 878-6206.