News release from the Lutheran Health Network:
Public invited to Allen County Insurance Fair
(July 25, 2013) – CANI (Community Action of Northeast Indiana), in partnership with East Allen County Schools, Fort Wayne Community Schools, Lutheran Health Network, MDwise and Parkview, is hosting a free insurance event Aug. 8 from 4 to 7 p.m. at Fairfield Elementary, 2825 Fairfield Ave.
Representatives from Northeast Covering Kids & Families and Lutheran Health Network will be on site to assist with completion of enrollment forms. Each child in a household that completes an application will receive a backpack loaded with school supplies donated by MDwise, while supplies last.
Information/documentation required for each household member (if applicable) includes:
- Name, date of birth and social security number
- Proof of identification (driver’s license or other photo ID)
- Proof of all income (90 days). Examples include pay stubs, child support, unemployment, disability payments, income tax forms, employer statements.
- Proof of pregnancy (written statement from medical professional)
- Proof of child care expenses
- Proof of citizenship (birth certificate or U.S. passport)
- Immigration status if not a U.S. citizen (Alien Registration Card or permanent resident card)
- Proof of private health insurance (insurance card, policy number)
Local organizations like CANI continue to address the immediate needs of area residents who are without adequate health insurance. Several state-funded programs are available, but many Hoosiers remain without coverage. For more information, visit ckfindiana.org/coalitions/northeast-in.