News release from the City of Fort Wayne:
Television program highlights importance of City’s financial plan for the future
(May 31, 2013) – The public can learn more about the importance of Fort Wayne’s financial future through a television program produced by Fort Wayne Mayor Tom Henry’s Administration and City TV.
“Fort Wayne’s Fiscal Policy” features interviews with City Controller Pat Roller, Fort Wayne Police Chief Rusty York, and Public Works Director Bob Kennedy as they highlight how the fiscal policy plan presented to City Council positions the City of Fort Wayne for future growth and success.
“Fort Wayne’s Fiscal Policy” can be seen at the following days and times on Comcast channel 58 and Frontier channel 28.
- Sundays at 8 a.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- Mondays at 6 p.m.
- Tuesdays at 6:30 a.m.
- Thursdays at 7 p.m.
The program is also available online at https://www.cityoffortwayne.org/city-tv-features.html and https://afw.pegcentral.com/.
What the fiscal policy plan would do:
- Add 20 more police officers
- Add 15 more firefighters
- Funding for street and road improvements without having to borrow money
- Funding for neighborhood curb and sidewalk projects
- Funding for enhancements to Parks facilities
- Property tax relief for homeowners
- Small increase in income tax in order to continue with important, necessary services for the community