News release from the Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana:
YLNI Block Party 2013
(May 29, 2013) – The Annual YLNI Block Party will take place from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Friday, June 14, in the 800 block of Calhoun Street in downtown Fort Wayne, between Wayne and Berry streets.
Admission costs $3 for YLNI members and $5 for non-members at the door. Sponsors for the event, open to attendees age 21 or older, include Vera Bradley, Hotel Fitness Championship, 816 Pint & Slice, Dash-In, and Whispering Creek Golf Club.
The Block Party will include the following features:
- Food and beverages available for purchase at Dash-In and Pint & Slice
- Beer tasting provided by Pint & Slice
- Local Band – “Unlikey Alibi” will perform beginning at 8 p.m.
- Door prizes
Cornhole tournament with prize for winning team
- 2 players per team
- $15.00 per team – Emailto pre-register; space is limited.
- Tournament will begin at 7:00, p.m. All teams must register and pay admission fee prior to starting the tournament.
- Check in next to the Membership table when you arrive.
The Annual YLNI Block Party is one of many events presented by YLNI, a group of young professionals whose aim is to engage the community head-on and make a positive impact on the places in which they live and work. The mission of the 1,000-plus person network is to attract, develop and retain emerging leaders through community, professional and social engagement.
“Our Block Party has become quite the popular social event of the summer, and we are excited to continue the special tradition,” said Justin Clupper, vice president of social programming for YLNI. “From food, to games, to networking opportunities, there will be a little something for everybody, so we encourage the community to get involved.”
To learn more about the upcoming YLNI Block Party, visit https://ylni.org/
To learn more about YLNI and how you can become a member, visit.