Press release from Allen County Treasurer Sue Orth:
Property Tax Bills Are Due Friday, May 10, 2013
(May 2, 2013) – Chief Deputy Treasurer William Royce wants to remind everyone that only one week remains to pay their property taxes. The due date is May 10, 2013. Payments must be in our office or postmarked by May 10, 2013 to avoid penalty.
Several payment methods are available:
- Mail to: Allen County Treasurer, PO Box 2540, Fort Wayne IN 46801-2540. Payment is considered “on time” when postmarked by the US Post Office on or before the due date.
- Local Banks: You may pay your property taxes on time at the Allen County banks listed on the back of the tax bill. You must have your tax statement when paying at a bank.
- Treasurer’s Office: The Treasurer’s office is located in suite 104 of the Rousseau Centre (City – County Building) 1 E. Main St. in Fort Wayne. Please bring your entire statement when paying in person. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays. The deposit slot in the front of the Treasurer’s office is available from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Drop Box: Taxpayers can deposit their tax payment in the night depository for the Clerk of the Court and Allen County Treasurer located on Main Street in front of of the Court House. Also available is the night depository at any Star Financial Bank location.
- Other Options: Check the Treasurer’s web site, www.allencountytreasurer.us for information about paying by credit card, single electronic payment or signing up for the monthly payment plan or the Spring/Fall Payment option. Follow the links on the home page.
Fall tax payments will be due November 12 this year.