News release from IPFW:
Scholarships Awarded, Sissy Spacek Speaks at 2013
(April 26, 2013) – Nearly $40,000 in Tapestry Parkview Health Sciences Scholarships were awarded today (April 26, 2013) at the annual event Tapestry: A Day for You at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. The scholarship winners were announced during the morning program, which featured the mother-daughter team of Marci and Courtney Crozier,
veterans of the television series “Biggest Loser.” Pat Parker, recipient of the Tapestry Dedication Award, was also introduced at the morning session.
Following a series of workshops on everything from ballroom dancing to cooking lessons to financial planning, the 1,381 registered guests enjoyed a luncheon with keynote speaker Sissy Spacek. The Academy Award-winning actress and author took the audience behind the scenes of her life and career.
Throughout the day, guests were able to browse and shop in the Tapestry Boutique, which included 168 booths operated by vendors and sponsors.
Between registered guests, booth personnel, and other volunteers, total attendance is expected to top 1,700.
The Tapestry Parkview Health Sciences Scholarship recipients are:
- Tamara Amberg, a full-time student working toward a Bachelor of Science with a major in nursing: $6,500
- Ashley Anglin, a full-time student studying dental hygiene: $6,500
- Laura Bieszke, a full-time student studying radiography receiving $6500
- Mary Bullis, a graduate student working toward a Master of Science with a major in nursing: $3,500
- Beth Hombach, a full-time student working toward a Bachelor in Science with a major in human services: $6,500
- Danisha Jenkins, a graduate student working toward a Master of Science with a major in nursing: $3,500
- Staci Rader, a full-time student working towards a Bachelor of Science in human services: $6,500