Press release from Allen County Treasurer Sue Orth:
Tax Bills to Hit the Mail
Allen County property tax bills will be in the mail.
(April 10, 2013) – “Allen County property tax bills are being mailed this Friday, April 12, 2013” reported William Royce, Chief Deputy Treasurer for Allen County.
As has been true in the past, the Spring and Fall payment coupons are included on the same bill. There will be no fall billing. The Spring tax payment is due May 10, and the Fall payment is due November 12.
There are many options for paying.
- Escrow: Your bank collects a portion of your taxes each month and then pays your taxes on your behalf.
- Mail: Write a check and mail to the address given on the back of the tax bill. Be sure to include the proper coupon from the tax bill.
- In Person: You may pay in the Treasurer’s office or at any of the banks listed on the back of the tax bill. Some banks will charge a fee if you are not a customer of that bank.
- Pay online: You can make an electronic payment on our website at www.allencountytreasurer.us. There is no fee for this service.
- Monthly Pay Plan: Setup and manager your own “escrow” type payment plan. Complete information is on the Treasurer’s website.
- Spring/Fall Payment Plan: Sign up online to have your taxes automatically withdrawn on the Spring and Fall tax due dates. Complete information is on the website.
- Credit Card: You can pay by Credit Card online or in the Treasurer’s office. There is a 3.5% fee for this service.
- A drop box is located on the north end of the Courthouse and a drop slot is located just outside the Treasurer’s office for convenient after hour paying.
Additionally, you can sign up on the Treasurer’s website to receive your tax bills electronically, or sign up for email reminders that taxes are due.
Specific questions about property tax bills or payment options may be directed to the Treasurer at 260.449.7693 or by email at Treasurer@co.allen.in.us.