The National Weather Service has issued a Flood Warning for the St. Marys River:
National Wweather Service Northern Indiana
1003 am EST Sun Jan 13 2013
…The National Weather Service in Northern Indiana has issued a Flood Warning for the following rivers…
Blanchard River at Ottawa affecting Putnam County
Saint Marys River at Muldoon Bridge affecting Allen County
.Recent snow melt and heavy rainfall has caused minor flooding along area rivers.
Safety message…Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near flood waters. Stay tuned to noaa weather radio or local media for further statements and updated forecasts.
Detailed river forecasts and more information can be found on the internet at www.weather.gov/iwx. River information can be found under the left menu bar under current conditions rivers and lakes ahps.
All times are in eastern time. This statement will be updated in about 24 hours or sooner if necessary.
1003 AM EST SUN JAN 13 2013
The National Weather Service in northern Indiana has issued a
* flood warning for the Saint Marys River at Muldoon Bridge
* from this afternoon to Thursday afternoon.
* at 9 am Sunday the stage was 12.7 feet and rising.
* minor flooding is forecast.
* flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* forecast…The river will rise above flood stage sunday afternoon and crest near 16.6 feet around 1 pm Tuesday January 15 and fall below flood stage around 1 pm Wednesday January 16.
* at 17.0 feet…SOME Residents in the Winchester Road area and Fairwick apartments may need to be evacuated. Property damage increases in some areas at this level.