Here are the Three Rivers Festival Events for today, Tuesday, July 17, 2012:
- Art Exhibition (Univ. of Saint Francis School of Creative Arts presents the 35th Annual Ventures in Creativity Art Exhibition by the Fort Wayne Artists Guild) Now thru Aug 17 9 AM – 5 PM. Rolland Art Center, Weatherhead Gallery – University of Saint Francis, 2701 Spring Street 260.399.7700 x8001 sf.edu/art. This exhibition will feature artworks by regional artists in a variety of media. Admission: Free.
- Art & Music: Michael Rhoades “THE VOICE IN THE FOREST” Now thru July 21 12-5 PM. Lotus Gallery, 1302 Lafayette St., Suite 205 260.414.0450 www.rhoadesfineart.com “The Voice in the Forest” is an Installation by painter/composer Michael Rhoades. Many of his large scale forest landscape oil paintings will be on exhibit and will be accompanied by his music involving woodland sounds that evolveinto computer generated electronic music compositions. The music will be played over a very high quality 4 channel sound system. Admission: Free!
- Behind the Screen (Embassy Theatre) July 17 9:30 AM at the Embassy Theatre, 125 W. Jefferson Blvd. 260.424.5665 fwembassytheatre.org. This one day summer exploration at the Embassy Theatre lets kids see how the Grande Page organ makes a silent movie come alive and participate in creating mosaics, rubbings, and more as they experience a beautiful, historic landmark up close. Admission: $5.00
- Brown Bag Tunes @ Noon July 17-20 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM. Headwaters Park East, Vera Bradley Festival Plaza 260.426.5556 ThreeRiversFestival.org. Bring your lunch, or grab a bite in Junk Food Alley, and head into the shade for some toe-tapping tunes, sponsored by NPR. Fatima Washington Performing.
- Concert: Brother July 17 Gates open 6 PM. Headwaters Park East, Vera Bradley Plaza 260.426.5556 ThreeRiversFestival.org. Enjoy one of the most vocally versatile and talented bands in the region: Brother. With opener, Phil’s Family Lizard. Admission: $2; kids under 12 free with adult TRF Button Discount $1.
- DeBrand Chocolate Tours Now thru July 21 Mon-Sat 10AM-6PM; Sun 12PM-5PM. DeBrand Headquarters, 10105 Auburn Park Dr. 260.969.8330 www.debrand.com. View our chocolate making kitchens where you’ll see the artisan process involved in making our coveted treats. DeBrand Tours are a great way to add a little fun and “chocolate” to your day! Admission includes a $5 rebate on a purchase of $10 or more. Admission: $5 per person.
- Dog Show (NEIKC AKC Pure Breed Dog Showcase) July 17 7 – 9 PM. Freimann Square; Clinton @ Main St. 260.637.6770 www.NEIKC.org. Members of the Northeastern Indiana Kennel Club will demonstrate grooming and answer questions about their breeds. American Kennel Club recognized breeds will be presented in a show-like atmosphere to educate and inform the public. Admission: Free
- Downtown Midway Now thru July 21 11 AM – 11 PM
Headwaters Park East & West 260.426.5556 ThreeRiversFestival.org. Amusement rides (buy tickets or all-day wristbands), Free displays, Free Hot Air Balloon Rides (Tues 7-pm);, Air National Guard, Army National Guard Rock Wall & Obstacle Course; Fee-based attractions: Helicopter rides, Zip Line, Old Time Photos, Caricatures, Face Painting & more. So much to doâ€”-come spend the day at the Downtown Midway!
- Family Fun Day (Botanical Conservatory) July 17 10:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory, 1100 S. Calhoun Street 260.427.6440 www.botanicalconservatory.org. Crafts, balloon artists, food court, games and prizes, FWFD firetruck, bubble dance party, giant slide, moon walks and paddle boats. Visit our summer exhibit “Soothing Summer Garden”. Adults $5.00, Children 3-17 $3.00, 2 yrs and under free. TRF Button Discount: $1 Off
- Festival Plaza (Vera Bradley Festival Plaza) Now thru July 21 11 AM – 11 PM Headwaters Park East, 333 S. Clinton 260.426.5556 ThreeRiversFestival.org. Take a break from the sun â€” come on in, grab a cold drink and mingle with friends, while enjoying your Junk Food Alley munchies! Fabulous regional and national entertainment every night, at family-friendly prices! Sponsored by Meijer & Hoosier Metal. Admission: FREE before 6 pm. After 6pm, Admission Varies. Kids under 12 FREE with adult! TRF Button Discount: $1
- Follow the Pipes (The History Center) Now thru July 19. Click here for the locations and times. A variety of concerts on area pipe organs. See the History Center’s website for a complete schedule closer to the event. Cosponsored by American Guild of Organists.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides Today Only 7:00 PM-9:00 PM. Lawton Park, west end Free tethered Hot Air Balloons Rides, courtesy of RE/MAX Results.
- “Luscious Legs” benefiting Mad Anthony’s Children Hope House July 17 Doors Open 6:00 PM Headwaters Park East, Vera Bradley Plaza 260-426-5556 ThreeRiversFestival.org. Vote with a buck for your favorite
- “Mystery” Celebrity’s legs! All proceeds benefit Mad Anthony’s Children Hope House. Admission: $2 Tour the Parks July 17 & 19 9:30 – 11:30 and 12:30 – 2:30. Community Center, 233 W Main Street 260.427.6460 www.fortwayneparks.org. Join us as we tour 5 parks and investigate “Who put that there?” In these five parks, there are 10 statues that we will talk about. See the oldest public sculpture in Fort Wayne, one named for the men and women of WWI, and the wishing well in the newest legacy park in Fort Wayne. Wear your comfy shoesâ€”there will be some walking. Admission $2.
- Two-Dollar Tuesday July 17 11 AM – 11 PM. Junk Food Alley, Duck St. & Barr St. 260.426.5556 ThreeRiversFestival.org. Bring your appetite! From traditional Festival favorites, Slow-cooked BBQ, fried cheese, & elephant ears, to the newest taste sensationâ€”german chocolate funnel cake â€” there’s something delicious waiting for you! TODAY ONLYâ€” Enjoy $2 specials of taste-tempting foods at your favorite Junk Food Alley vendors! Then head on over to the Vera Bradley Festival Plaza for $2 admission for great entertainment, and $2 refreshments! $2 portions offered at most vendors
- T.R.A.I.N. (Three Rivers T.R.A.I.N. Display) Now thru July 21 M-F 10 AM – 5 PM. History Center, 302 E. Berry 260.426.2882 www.fwhistorycenter.com. Special Model Railroad exhibit, including an HO scale, fully operational freight yard. Regular museum admission applies. Admission: $5 Adults, $3 students & seniors, Members or 5 & under Free