News release from The History Center:
History Center’s 26th Festival of Gingerbread announces special events schedule
The Festival of Gingerbread at the History Center kicks off its “special events” this week with Lighting Night. The 26th annual Festival has as its title sponsor Lutheran Health Network.
On “Lighting Night”, November 23, visitors can get a sneak peek at the handiwork of creators from 5 to 9 p.m. Admission is only $2 a person at the door for “Lighting Night”. At 6 p.m. the History Center’s turret will be lit with special holiday colors of red and green.
A variety of special events will occur during the Festival of Gingerbread. Admission is $5 adults, $3 seniors and students, and free to children age 5 and under. There is no extra charge for special activities or events unless indicated.
- Saturday, November 26, 1-3 pm, Create Your Own Ornament, $1 plus regular museum admission
- Sunday, November 27, 1-3 pm, Make a Holiday Greeting Card, $1 plus regular museum admission
- Tuesday, November 29, 5-9 pm, Free Night sponsored by AEP Indiana-Michigan Power
- Saturday, December 3, 1-3 pm, Visit with Santa Claus
- Sunday, December 4, 1-3 pm, Holiday Story Telling
- Saturday, December 10, 1-4 pm, Science of Sugary Structures sponsored by PNC Bank and Science Central, $3 plus regular museum admission
- Sunday, December 11, 1-4 pm, Cookie Decorating Party, $1 plus regular museum admission
Special holiday exhibits during the Festival include a Wolf and Dessauer display of animatronic characters, an exhibit of “A Christmas Carol” watercolors that once adorned the Patterson Fletcher Department Store; and a display of holiday photos from years past.
Hours during the Festival of Gingerbread are Monday through Thursday 9 am to 5 pm; Friday 9 am to 8 pm; Saturday 9 am to 5 pm; and Sunday Noon to 5 pm. The History Center will be closed Thanksgiving Day.
The History Center is located at 302 East Berry Street, Fort Wayne, Indiana. For more information, visit, or call 260.426.2882.