News release from the Fort Wayne Police Department:
Official Trick-or-Treat Hours Established for the City of Fort Wayne
Monday, October 31, 2011 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
City of Fort Wayne Police Chief Rusty York has established the official hours for Trick-or-Treat for Halloween 2011.
Trick-or-Treat will be observed in the City from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. on Monday, October 31, 2011. Trick-or-treaters should only visit homes with an illuminated exterior front light (porch light) indicating that trick-or-treaters are welcomed. Trick-or-treaters should remember the following safety rules:
- Do not wear costumes that obscure your vision;
- Wear reflective clothing, or light colored clothing to make you more visible motorists;
- Travel in groups composed of at least one adult;
- Have a pre-planned route;
- Only cross streets at the crosswalks;
- Visit familiar homes, and do not enter a stranger’s home;
- Be prepared for adverse weather;
- Refrain from consuming any treats until inspected by an adult.